How did you discover Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was 8 my aunt gave me a red tamagotchi, didn't stop using it untill I was 10, then my sister murdered it, now I'm 13 and I'm back into the little cu- *beep* ...Annoying twerps. :S

(That last bit was a joke, I love my tamas :D )

When I was in grade 2, kids kept bringing them to school, so if I wanted to be part of that, I had the get one.

My first Tamagotchi was a V1, dark purple and came with stickers... I got it from Wal-Mart :p

I saw an ad on TV back in 2004 when the V1s were new. It was an "Oooh, kind of want." for me back then. Then, one day my family and I were at Building 19. My dad saw some Tamagotchis at the top of this rack. Being how short little kids are, without him, I wouldn't have seen them at all. When he asked if I wanted one, I went "YES" and I got the pink one with hearts all over it. xD

I played with it passively. I thought you were supposed to turn it off when you weren't playing, but since there wasn't an off button, I inserted the little plastic tab back in. xD Then, one day, I saw my friend playing with a plain purple V1 before school. I said something along the lines of "Hey, I have one of those! We should bring ours in tomorrow so we can connect!" We did just that and brought in our Tamas every day to play and connect them. Since she was practically the only person I knew that had a Tama, I was shocked when they EXPLODED in popularity with the V2s (and stayed strong with V3) and practically everyone had them. o_O

Aha, I miss those V1-V3 days just discovering all about Tamas with everyone, having at least one person on Tamatown at almost all times, sneaking to check on our Tamas during snack at school, and connecting with everyone we met. <3 We even had this little Tamagotchi club going on and we'd always make little beds and stuff with old materials for our Tamas. I'm still a passive fan (owning at least one of every Connection model plus the Tama-go, except the V5 or 5.5 and the Mini, if that counts,) but I still love my Tamas. <3 (Currently running my V3.) Although, I'll never forget all the fun had discovering about Tamas. :3

Ages ago, I always wanted a Tamagotchi. I begged and begged and begged... but mum kept on saying no. Eventually, i got my first V2 Tamagotchi- i was over the moon! i played with it whenever it was awake.

I knew a friend that had a V2 and a V3 tamagotchi- connecting to the internet was new. One day she gave them to me, and so my tamagotchi total went up to 3.

When Tamagotchi V4 came out, I snatched it up right away. I'm looking after it right now- he is a Mametchi.

Then, out of nowhere, my sister bought a V6 for herself, then gave one to me. so i have 5 tamagotchi. Only one has battery tho... :mellow:

about 2005/6 I saw an advert on the telly for the V1's, and my mum treated me to one. It was definatly a defining moment, because I can remember buying it and everything, from my local Argos. It was a yellow version one with red buttons and red arrows. I still have it, I'm running it now. A week later, my mum bought a pink one "for herself" but she gave it to me to look after so I really had 2. Then as every version got released, I kept collecting them, getting at least 2 of every model, except for my v2's, I have 3 because my cousin donated an orange see through one to me.

I'm still collecting now, at the mature (!) age of nearly-16 :lol: going to buy a tama-go soon!

When I was little I saw the commercial and I ended u p gettign one for my brithday. :D and when v5 came out evryone at my new school was obsessed so i loved tama for the rest of my lif :p

I had no idea what they were until my birthday in 2004 when one of my friends gave me a v1 as a gift.

my freinds were all playing whith them and i felt left out so i got one

When i was like 7 or 8 years old, i saw one of my cousins playing with a V pet! i asked "What's that?" and she told me that it was a tamagotchi! "t-tamagashii???" and then i took it on my hands and it was sooooo smalllll :D :D that i fell in LOVE with it!! then i saw the commercial and i went to the store with my parents to buy a tamagotchi v.4 and it was soo cute!! then i got the v4.5. Then i went to the store with my parents and i saw a tamagotchi v4.5 with a CD of tamagotchi that has a game on it and a small mic in a tree form! then they bought it for me! then i went to the hospital because i was sick... and my dad just gave me a surprise and it was the v.5 tamagotchi! then at the time i got the v.6 music star and i got another v.6 because it brought me a tamagotchi movie! and then i got the plus color that it has some problems, and for this christmas i had the v.7 tamagotchi with a kuchipatchi figure and a chamametchi figure! :D :D

Wow, I got my first tamagotchi when I was in kindergarten (around 13 years ago), and I got an orange V1 at a christmas party. I loved that thing so much, and I took it everywhere. I also remember having a kutchipatchi plush that could reverse into an egg. Unfortunately, I gave away my first tamagotchi in 5th grade, and when my brother got a V3, let it go through the wash, and didn't want it anymore, he gave it to me. I had that one for a while, until I tried changing the background and my tama died in surgery. So, I then got a V5 the following Christmas, and that's the one I have to this day. I want more, but alas, I lack the extra funds for it... D:

So, yeah, I feel pretty old now.

Well I had a nano baby a few years before the v1 was released I was 7. Then one day I was playing hide and go seek tag with a few of the other kids in my neighborhood, My life long friend at the time,Nick. "hey did you hear of those new Tamagotchi things". I never owned A T.V so I didn't see the commercial. So a few days later it was my baby brother Travis' birthday, March 20, 2004.I was 11 years old at the time. We went to Walmart to buy him a toy and our grandma said I could pick anything I wanted. So I ran to the girl section where the barbies and polly pockets where and grabbed a purple tamagotchi. we then went out for lunch. I opened it at the table and read through the instrustions at least 5 times to make sure I got everything right. It was a boy. I kept resetting it until I got a girl. After that day I kept collecting more and more. I had about 8 V1's until the new release of the V2's. the first one I got was the red with heart's. I went to wancouver a few weeks after and got the Tamagotchi true friends pack that comes with the set of 2 V2's. I bought 1 more V2 then a friend gave me hers. then about a week after that the Tamagotchi mini came out. (Or chibi for americans). only had one of those. and over the years Ive collected alot. Sadly a few months ago I tossed alot my things out including all my tamagotchis. bad bad bad decsion..... Oh well all I can do now is start collecting them again. :lol:

Saw the add for the V4 when I was 8 or 9, FELL IN LOVE :D
I just remembered how my love actually started.

When I was four (Yeah I know very young), my mother gave me a P2, because I had been begging for a dog for ages. I played with it all the time, constantly, I never put it down. One day we got Guinea Pigs, and I forgot all about my Tamagotchi. When I was six I found my tamagotchi again, and I played with it more, till I was seven. When I was seven I decided to take it to school, it was stollen :(

To cheer me up, my mum bought me either a V3 or V4. I played with it constantly, but then in early 2009, while me and my family were on vacation in Sydney Australia, we were staying in a skyscraper apartment, while I was on the balcony, I dropped it by accident. It bounced across the balcony floor and down onto the road, and I watched it getting stood on my people. I ran to my mum and we went down to see if it was ok, it was crumpled up and dead, and some of the parts were scattered in the bushes. I went back upstairs, I was upset, I think I was about 11 at the time.

In early 2010, when I was 12 I started collecting again, I bought a V5.5, and three music stars.

In about April 2010, I came home from school, I had had a bad day. When I walked in the door, my brother called me a red *cuss*. I got really mad and went into his room, and took his wallet and ripped his money up. I shouldnt of done that, because my brother saw my V6's hanging around my neck, he snatched them off me and smashed them with a hammer. I hid my V5.5 in my pocket while he did that. I really regret getting so mad!

I've been into tamas for nearly 10 years now :D and I'm only 13 :D

Thats my story lol

Christmas 2005. I was 10. My sister and I got a V2 each. I didn't even know about them until that day. My friend and I started the trend at school when my V2 had to be replaced with a V3. That V3 was how I discovered TamaTalk.

Last edited by a moderator:
In 1996, when I was 7, electronic keychain pets first came out, and my cousin showed me a Nano baby she had. I'd never been allowed any real pets, so I begged for a virtual pet. I hadn't actually heard of Tamagotchis as a brand (even though I now know they were the first!), but I got a red one for Christmas. I thought it was a million times better than any other type I'd seen, and from then on I was only interested in Tamagotchis :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember how I actually found out about them (probably a commercial. I watch too much tv... :) ) but I remember wanting one for my birthday, so my grandma took me to Best Buy where they didn't have them so we got a giga pet instead. man, did I HATE that thing! I think I threw it away. I think I ordered one on... Amazon, probably. It was the V4 pink stripes design and it came in on some Friday (I remember 'cause I had to do a spelling test, but my mom wouldn't let me open it until after I did my test... ;) ) and I LOVED IT!!! That is, until it broke last year... then I got a music star, and recently started hating it, so my friend gave me my current 4.5, which I like.

I remember that my mom was shopping for a present for my friend's birthday at our old toy store that recently went out of buisness and bought 2 v4's so I could have one since she knew that I LOVED virtual pets, so I got the punk rock design and my friend got the other one (forgot which design....) and I loved playing with it ever since. The funny thing was that it was in the summer when I got my tama and I went to a summer camp, so they got mad at me since I was playing with it all the time, so I think they banned them there. xD

Ah, the good ol times... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back