How did you find out about your favorite band[s]?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x.Hatred

Reaction score
Well for me...I have a lot of favorite bands. Here I go:

MCR: My cousin showed me their song Teenagers and Helena. And I started listening to them more.

Metro Station: My cousin. (Same cousin as above ^) She told me it was Miley's brother's band. (I used to be obsessed with Miley) So she showed me California.

Cobra Starship: Diva. She told me about them and I fell in love with them.

TAI...: When I liked the Jonas Brothers I looked them up on limewire. So I found the song Attention under the Jonas Brothers' name and I wsa all, "That's not the Jonas Brothers!" when I listened to the song. So I went to youtube and typed in "Jonas Brothers -Attention" and it showed TAI... - Attention and I clicked on it. And that was the song.

All Time Low: Cute Is What We Aim For. On One of their live performances with pranks it said Alex Gaskarth from All Time Low was the sub drummer. So I looked up All Time Low.

Panic At The Disco: My Brother was playing the song "I Write Sins..." And I liked the song and got the chorus stuck in my head. I started signing it. And later, like a year or 2, I got SingStar and their song was on it. And I was like "Panic at the Disco Sings this song! I remember it!" So that's how I fell in lovve with it. The one special song. xP

CiWWAF: Fueled By Ramen.

[[ OMG! x.Hatred liked the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus?!?! ]] Yes. :puroperatchi: ;_; I hate them now. So remember that! I do NOT like them anymore.

;] (There are also many more banda that I can't think of.)

Metro Station: Miley mentioned that her brother's band was Metro Station, so I listened to some previews and thought it was okay. Then I bought "Shake it" on Itunes, and liked it. Now I also have "Kelsey" and "Disco"

Panic! At the Disco: "I write sins not tragedies" was my first favourite song. Later on, I listened to their album A fever can't sweat you out", and loved it! I heard they had a new album coming out two days after my birthday, and then bought and Itunes Gift Card. Bought songs from Pretty.Odd.. I currently have: Pas de cheval, Nine in the Afternoon and Things have changed. (By the way, their music videos are awesome!)

And thats basically it ;)

Well for me...I have a lot of favorite bands. Here I go:
MCR: My cousin showed me their song Teenagers and Helena. And I started listening to them more.

Metro Station: My cousin. (Same cousin as above ^) She told me it was Miley's brother's band. (I used to be obsessed with Miley) So she showed me California.

Cobra Starship: Diva. She told me about them and I fell in love with them.

TAI...: When I liked the Jonas Brothers I looked them up on limewire. So I found the song Attention under the Jonas Brothers' name and I wsa all, "That's not the Jonas Brothers!" when I listened to the song. So I went to youtube and typed in "Jonas Brothers -Attention" and it showed TAI... - Attention and I clicked on it. And that was the song.

All Time Low: Cute Is What We Aim For. On One of their live performances with pranks it said Alex Gaskarth from All Time Low was the sub drummer. So I looked up All Time Low.

Panic At The Disco: My Brother was playing the song "I Write Sins..." And I liked the song and got the chorus stuck in my head. I started signing it. And later, like a year or 2, I got SingStar and their song was on it. And I was like "Panic at the Disco Sings this song! I remember it!" So that's how I fell in lovve with it. The one special song. xP

CiWWAF: Fueled By Ramen.

[[ OMG! x.Hatred liked the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus?!?! ]] Yes. -_- ;_; I hate them now. So remember that! I do NOT like them anymore.

;] (There are also many more banda that I can't think of.)
I told you about Cobra Starship? Really? Or does one of your friends have the same name as me?

Fall Out Boy: The radio. I love the radio.

Panic(!) at the Disco: See above ^^

Cobra Starship: Mary forced me to listen to The City Is At War. I love her.

Paramore: I was surfing the FBR site.

The Hush Sound: See above ^^

The Academy Is...: I listened to Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year and I Googled William Beckett.

Cute Is What We Aim For: Surfing FBR.

Metro Station: I had heard tons about them and bought Shake It for no reason.

Phantom Planet: Bored. Surfing FBR.

Motion City Soundtrack: I was seeing them live so I figured I should listen to them...

Nightwish: Pyri-Deary (PyramidHead on here), liked it and I figured I'd check it out.

DragonForce: I was looking for music suggestions, and once again, Pyr' told me. 8D

Sonata Arctica: See above.

Abney Park, Freezepop, Cesium 123 (I think...), The KLF: I was raiding my Mum's itunes and came across 'em. 8D

I told you about Cobra Starship? Really? Or does one of your friends have the same name as me?
Fall Out Boy: The radio. I love the radio.

Panic(!) at the Disco: See above ^^

Cobra Starship: Mary forced me to listen to The City Is At War. I love her.

Paramore: I was surfing the FBR site.

The Hush Sound: See above ^^

The Academy Is...: I listened to Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year and I Googled William Beckett.

Cute Is What We Aim For: Surfing FBR.

Metro Station: I had heard tons about them and bought Shake It for no reason.

Phantom Planet: Bored. Surfing FBR.

Motion City Soundtrack: I was seeing them live so I figured I should listen to them...
Yes you did. :] Thank yous. You are awesome.

Yayy. PS. Your avvie/siggy is awesome. :]

Uhm...

I found Red Car Wire, Forever The Sickest Kids, and A Bird A Sparrow on PureVolume.

Red Car Wire and A Bird A Sparrow are unsigned but awesome local bands.

Forever The Sickest Kids is 'local' but signed. Does that make them local?

Thanks. Your siggy is awesome too. Colors.Are.Awesome. =]

Also:

Blink-182: My brother used to play them all the time. I got into the song "I Miss You" but I didn't know who it was by. Later on, when Jinx made a topic about the song I Miss You, I was like, "OMG! That is the song I used to love!"

The Hush Sound: Fueled By Ramen/Diva. A bit of both. Or I'm not sure who.

AFI: My friend and my brother.

Oasis: No idea. I seriously have no recollection of the first time I listened to them, why, or where. It wasn't the radio, though. I do remember that when I first started to like them, I listened to Wonderwall over and over for days. I've probably heard that song over 300 times.

The Beatles: My dad likes them.

All the other bands I like: A combination of my father liking them/hearing them on the radio.

Thanks. Your siggy is awesome too. Colors.Are.Awesome. =]
Also:

Blink-182: My brother used to play them all the time. I got into the song "I Miss You" but I didn't know who it was by. Later on, when Jinx made a topic about the song I Miss You, I was like, "OMG! That is the song I used to love!"

The Hush Sound: Fueled By Ramen/Diva. A bit of both. Or I'm not sure who.

AFI: My friend and my brother.
Thank you.

All Time Low was a mix of you, and my friend Nicole.

Metro Station was some of you too.

=]

I just remembered:

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus: (I was just listening to them. xP How do I forget?) I forgot who it was. I think it was santagotchi or sandragotchi or something. She showed me the song "Cat And Mouse." The awesome song that I love and wish I could play on the piano.

Also forgot about...:

The All American Rejects: (How could I forget?!?! I love them. Nick and Tyson. <3) My best friend loved them and pretty much showed me them.

Simple Plan: I forgot. But I had them on a CD.

Paramore!!!!:: The-N. And random people who likes them. ;]

My Chemical Romance: My brother got the Revenge CD for his birthday, and I was so attached to the cover that I took it from him XD

30Seconds to Mars : Saw the From yesterday video somewhere and I was like.."Whoa his hair is awesome"

The Vincent Black Shadow: I was watching some MCR video on fuse.tv and they had this mini comercial for them and I was like "A girl band!!"

My Chemical Romance I have loved them since 2003, yes I was eight. My brother had Bullets and I was listening to it with him and since then I have never got sick of them.

Panic At The Disco Diva got me into them

Fall Out Boy My friend Emily..

The Used I was watching Under Pressure on Youtube and I was like, 'He is a good singer...' So I watched their other stuff

The Academy Is... FBR

Cobra Starship FBR

Thirty Seconds To Mars Emily, yet again.

From First To Last Curiosity

Phantom PlanetFBR

The Hush SoundFBR

Gym Class Heroes The Clothes Off video..

I'm so influential. Or something important sounding. :]

I forgot about We The Kings.

Nicole told me to listen to Check Yes Juliet. So..I did. It was good too.

Wait, there's more! xP

Armor For Sleep: I don't remember...

Boys Like Girls: Radio. :] And my cousin had them on her album after we listened to them. She asked me if I remembered who it was and I was all, "All American Rejects!" xP She said, "No. Boys Like Girls." And I was like, "ohh." And so I looked them up on youtube and accidentally put Girls Like Boys. And my friend was like, "Girls like boys?" I said, "A Band." And She said, "It's boys like girls."

Kay. This is in chronological order. [oldest to most recent]

Good Charlotte: When they first came out, I remember the local radio station said they were from my hometown [Waldorf, Maryland] and I was like 'Oh! Lets see how they do! Hopefully they're good!' And they were.

I've loved them ever since, and I'm going to my first concert by them in August. <3

Goodnight Nurse: I heard the rock version of Milkshake, and I wanted to know who the artist was. I searched on Google and it said Goodnight Nurse. So I was like, okay...and then I visited their myspace profile. I was shocked at all the ah-mazing songs. This was about a year ago, and I'm still loving them. <3

Bullet For My Valentine: I don't actually know how I started loving this band. I think my friend's myspace profile had Tears Don't Fall on her profile, and I absolutely loved them, and started downloading their songs too. I wanna go to a concert of theirs too. <3

Avenged Sevenfold: Okay. I was just surfing the Myspace Music page one day in December '07, and I came across this band. Yeah, I've heard about them from my friends, but never really listened to them. So I thought to myself, 'Okay, I think I'll listen to them and see how they are.' I loved them. I want to go to their concert sooo bad. <3

Lostprophets: I came across this band at my friends' party. I've heard about this band before, and I really didn't like them, because I heard one awful song by them, but the song that played at her party, I loved. [by the way, that song was Broken Hearts, Torn Up Letters, and the Story of a Lonely Girl.] I listened to more of their music, and I feel absolutely in love with them. I even love the song that I hated at first. <3

Bring Me The Horizon: Okay, I was listening to my friends iPod, and I came across one of their songs. I absolutely loved it. I went on LimeWire and starting downloading all of the top songs that came up and fell absolutely in love with them. This band got me into Death Metal in the first place. I get to see them in concert this summer at the Vans Warped Tour. <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back