How did you meet your significant other?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosaria

Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all. How did you meet the current person you're in a relationship with?

I was 15 and I was at the park I had been going to for years just swinging like I always did when this weird younger kid who had a crush on me came and started trying to talk to me. A few minutes later my current boyfriend, Steve, walked out of his house which was actually right across the street, and the kid said "Oh there is Jimmy's best friend!" (Jimmy was someone I had met a few months prior) and the kid went to talk to him on a bench, but I just kept swinging. A few more minutes went by and my friend Zack came to the park and joined their conversation, so I decided to go say hi to Zack. When I went over to the bench, Steve and I just kept looking at each other after we introduced ourselves, and when it was time for me to go home he walked me the whole way even though I the walk is 10 minutes each way, and that was how we met haha.

I was on holiday at a random time in a random country, at a random Christmas eve party in a random little town. I hung out with the older people all night because I wasn't sure I'd get along brilliantly with those my age as they were mostly backpackers and they'd probably see me as a boring science nerd (and I'll be honest, backpackers frighten me a little). Anyhow, when leaving the hotel bar I was stranded with one of the backpackers because my sister so rudely ditched him right in the middle of the conversation... there was nobody else around and I decided to be slightly less rude, so I very apathetically said hello. We exchanged a few questions which I answered very, very unenthusiastically.

Eventually I said "Well I guess I should ask you what you do." He was an aerospace engineer working for such and such [insert famous company here], and well, the conversation really took off from there. He turned out to be a pretty nice guy :) How I met my significant other is actually quite an embarrassing story for me to tell because it really highlights how prejudiced I can be, and is a humbling reminder not to judge others on first appearances. Lesson learned :D

Well...my so-called "best friend" was fake/untrustable... :( mehh... I still have my friends though. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually met my boyfriend Jason on a South Park forum. The two of us and a small group of others became friends and began talking outside the forum in MSN group chats. He and I were close friends because we liked all the same things, but he was afraid to tell me he had a crush on me and I was dating another guy in the group at the time.

Long story short, this other guy turned out to be a total jerk when I met him in real life so I broke things off with him. This group of "friends" suddenly turned on me and called me out for dumping this guy even though they previously thought he was a jerk too and couldn't understand why I liked him. They all stopped being friends with me, except for Jason. Once he told me he liked me and we started dating they essentially kicked him out of the circle too.

It turned out to be for the best. From what I've heard these "friends" got into some unsavory stuff shortly after we left the group. I wouldn't doubt half of them have been in jail by now. Jason and I are both glad we weren't there to get dragged into that kind of garbage. Also, apparently my ex decided that he liked men after I dumped him.

Online through a social website called netlog and now I married him, lol and we're expecting our second child. Our first was stillborn and hopefully this one will make it. I'm currently 12 weeks a long.

And what I didn't know when I met him was that he only lived 5 min. away by car...we lived in the same town hahahaha :p !!!!!

On IRC ! lol

We lived very very far away from each other. In the same country but like 600km away.

We became friends and on my birthday (2 years after we first met) he decided to pay me a visit ! So he came at my house and stayed for a few days, best birthday ever.

He eventually came back to his place and we continued our relationship for 2 years (i had to finish my studies) , we were able to se each other like 2 or 3 times a year... Was so hard.

But now I'v been living with him for 3 years, i've never been so happy ^^

here's my story. Thank you internet ! xD

I met my fiance 10 years ago. We went to the same high school and participated in the same extra-curricular activities, such as Academic League (kind of like Jeopardy or quiz bowl, but at the school level) and we were both in the instrumental program (he was in band, I was in orchestra). We didn't date at the time but I just remember being in awe of him because he was a grade above me and was so intelligent, kind, handsome, and very likable...still is. :) When I went off to university, we reconnected and started talking more and reminiscing. We found that we had quite a lot in common. Communicating was mostly done online in the early stages of our relationship because he went to university a couple of hours away. Months passed and before we knew it, we exchanged phone numbers and decided to meet at a mutual friend's piano recital at a neighboring university. We headed back to his school to hang out afterward and it was there, at one of the fountains overlooking the campus, where he asked me to be his girlfriend. Here we are, nearly 7 years later, inseparable. We got engaged in May this year. We became first-time homeowners. We're getting married in May next year. I am marrying my first boyfriend. I don't think I could ask for anyone else who complements me as well as he does. :)

i met him at my rehearsal-room, when i started my own band. the room was in a house with many rooms = many people. we both are drummer ;) he had a crush on me at the first sight ^^

after a year with many trouble we came together.

many people were against the relationship, because i was 19, he 30 and until this moment i didn't had any boyfriend.

well, 2 days ago was our 5th anniversary. i like to say he's my soulmate and i will love him till death and beyond ♥

I met my Husband on Fb. He was friends with the Mother of my ex. Needless to say no one was pleased. Lol but it'll be almost 2 years that we've been together and I'm very happy! :) ))

My husband and I met in high school when we were fourteen. We were best friends throughout high school and started dating our senior year. We've been together ever since then.

We're almost 29 now and we've officially known each other over half of our lives. I feel very lucky to have him in my life. We helped shape each other growing up and I wouldn't be who I am today without him.

(There's a nice, long blog post about our story on my blog. I'm not allowed to post a link here, but... it's there for the reading if you're interested. :blink: )

Well me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 years now and we are saving up to get a place together.

We first met when we were 6 months old, our mums met at a baby and toddler thing they used to go to, and stayed friends ever since. They used to meet up every Tuesday along with a around 10 other mums and their children and this went on until we were around 7. We went to the same junior school together but were in separate classes so never spoke to each other I though he was weird. After he went to a separate senior school to me I didn't see him again till collage 5 years later even then it was just a casual "hi" in the corridors, I still thought he was a bit odd. Another 3 years passed and I was in my second year of university my best friend decided to have a party and invited him because her boyfriend was on the same uni course as him and they had become friends, no one had any idea that we knew each other. We started talking and I began to think he wasn't so weird after all but was instead just as odd as me, we talked all night and then after another party a few months later he walked me home and we exchanged numbers before I went back to uni. He came to visit me at uni a month later, it was a 2n a half hour bus ride away and we have been together ever since.

We have known each other our whole lives and it makes everything so special :)

My boyfriend and I met at O-Week Camp when I first started Uni. He was in second year and I was starting my first year. We randomly met, as everyone around us was drinking and we weren't, so we felt left out. We bonded over all things nerdy and cool. It took us six weeks of avoiding the subject before he asked me out.

We have been together ever since, four years this March.

I don't have a significant other, however, I wish to meet the one I will in the future in person.. Maybe it will be someone I already know?

I apologize if my reply seems pointless, just trying to participate in the conversation! :]

Well I was on a Japanese video site watching a Tamagotchi episode because it had Ikemen Mametchi in it, and there was a comment saying, "THERE SHOULD BE MORE EPISODES OF MAMETCHI AND HIS SEXY FACE". The person who wrote that comment was called DJYellow22 and his name seemed familiar... then I remembered he was from TamaTalk and Tama-Zone! I went to his TamaTalk profile and left a comment on his message feed telling him off, but he didn't reply lol.

Then I was looking at his posts and he wrote that more Tamagotchi fans should be interested in the Tamagotchi anime. I agreed with him and so I had a shout-out on my About Me saying he was awesome. XD

He sent me a PM thanking me for calling him awesome and I just replied it was because he likes the Tamagotchi anime. :p We began to talk about Tamagotchi stuff more and I even RPed with him though I HATE RPing! We grew closer and closer, and I loved him more and more, and then ONE DAY...

...my BFF told me she had a crush on him. D: In desperation, I wrote the cheesiest love confession ever in a few seconds and emailed it to DJYellow. I dreadfully awaited his response, and when he didn't reject me, I was OVER THE MOON! I was so happy for a while but then I realized that he never mentioned whether he liked me back. So I asked my friend to ask him if he likes me and he said no...

I was heartbroken of course, but my crush on him never faded and we kept chatting like best friends <3

AND THEN

ANOTHER girl I know told me she had a crush on him. :| I panicked and decided to try something... I told DJYellow that I hope he finds a nice girlfriend one day, and after some confusing conversation, he revealed to me that he wanted no love besides ME! ;u; He said that he always hid that he truly loved me just because he was shy about it >w< Aww isn't that sweet ;u;

It was our 6-month anniversary a few days ago; we became BF and GF not long after my birthday! ;3

It was the easiest relationship ever at first but I've gradually become more stressed about certain things...lots of grief and regrets...we still love each other more than any words can describe but things aren't easy because of my mood swings and bad temper. ;/ I really want to meet him one day, and then everything will be easier <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back