How do you pronounce?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the only names that matter when it comes to pronunciation is mametchi, memetchi, and mimitchi.

since at one point i thought they were all said the same D:

since i watched the let's go tamagotchi show i believe i've gotten it right.

mametchi is "Mah-met-chi"

and memetchi is "meh-met-chi"

and mimitchi is "me-me-tchi"

most end with tchy right kinda think of the end as itchy without the i mame is kinda like mom-ay mom-ay-itchy but take out the i so mom-ay-tchi and you got mametchi gozarutchi the ninja is pronounced like Gauz- a - roo- tchi

as someone else has pointed out - pronouncing the names gets a little easier if you understand Japanese...

unlike English words that have a consonant-vowel-consonant as one syllable of a word, the Japanese have usually either just a vowel, or a consonant-vowel.

English: Straw/Ber/Ry

Japanese: I/Chi/Go <-- Each Syllable is actually a Japanese Character....

So.... I/Chi/Go/Tchi <--- When read, "Tchi" is it's own weird little character... So when I try to sound them out, I usually just read one Character at a time...

Violetchi:vi-lit-chi

mametchi:mame-et-chi

If you heard of some and want more tell me just say for ciara cupcake.

I say Mam-et-chi, but I voted for the closest one:Mam-et-chy...

I say it Ma-Metchi. None of my friends like Tamagotchi. So whenever I say these names they thought I was speaking in a different language. I think these names are cool though. There are not so hard to remember once you are really close to Tamagotchis. I know most of their names :D

Same as OP. I kind of miss the old days where they're aren't a ton of characters to remember but it's pretty awesome to have all those characters anyway. :)

In Tamagotchi The Movie, Bandai has the characters pronounce eachother's names like this:

Mametchi- Mame-et-chi

Kuchipatchi- Koo-tchi-patch-ee

Memetchi: Me-met-chi

So thats how I pronounce them! :lol:

Ma-Met-Chi

Kuch-e-patch-e

Mem-itchy

Cha-Ma-met-Chi

Ki-Kick-tchi

Vio-Let-tchi

Gor-ip-atchi

Happy-Happy-tchi