How do YOU say "manga"?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"mon-guh" Same as SK. I thought it was "mainga" till I watched a Anime TV show. Found out the real pronounciation.

And I hate seeing this Otaku fight stuff. A Otaku is (or was) someone defined to have a EXTREMELY unhealthy obsession with something such AS Anime/Manga, not JUST Anime/Manga either. It's supposed to be a insult, big time. :I

I Pronounce it "MAIN-GAH" But I've heard it Pronounced like "Mawn-Guh" . a Friend of the Family's 4 year old Son Calls it "Min-Goo" xD

Well, I always thought "manga" was said "MAYN-ga". ...but then I met some crazy-obsessed otakus who call it "MAHN-ga". It's acceptable to say it both ways, but now I'm wondering. How do YOU say "manga"?

If you say "manga" some other way, please post. I'm interested in what other way there is to say it. x]

I thought was the most reasonable place to put this, sorry if it's in the wrong place. :D

EDIT:

Capitalization error. Ahhh!
Exact same way over here.

But now I say it MAHN-ga.

I say Mun-ga (you know, like mum but only an N at the end). It's my annoying Scottish accent that's getting in the way of me usually saying it properly, Munga just pops out.

I use both because I would talk about manga to one friend, and he or she would correct me on how I say it. (MAHN-GA) I use that one regularly.

Temari Nara

it's pronounced

MANG-ga

the ang sound like the ang in hang

and then you go ga like guh, like the sounds in guss.

Manga

Latest posts

Back