How long does it take to do good Manga?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is anatomy?
[SIZE=13pt]Anatomy is basically pictures of the human body.[/SIZE]

Shes telling you to try and look at pictures of the human body, and practice drawing it.

But I must say, your pretty good!

You draw much better then I ever could at your age! xD

But you just gotta get out of your comfort zone and try drawing full body pictures! ^^

Hmm... A couple of years. It requires lots and lots of practice.

Unless you are some kind of amazing artist.

Months, years, depends on how you look at it.

It took me 4-6 hours a day for seven months just to get to cartooning. Now I'm just getting fairly good at manga, and its taken about two to three years of intense drawing.

It depends. About a year ago I tried out the style from time to time and I don't think I am very bad at drawing manga (though I still prefer my normal style).

I initially learnt to draw manga because my friend wanted me to help her draw a comic for a competition (though we never got round to it). She lent me several "How to draw Manga" books, and I guess from reading her extensive collection of manga and reading these books you more or less pick it up.

The best way of becoming a good person at drawing is "spend three times watching and one drawing". I don't like to copy things that are in front of me, but if when you are not drawing you watch everything very carefully, and see how bodies move and bend, when you sit down to draw you will remember everything you have seen and will be able to draw them with success.

Really? You guys are so nice! I love the advice! But I may get a little impatiant when drawing...

Oh, and, don't bother with most how to draw manga books, or Drawing 1-2-3 books. They teach you how to do three characters in one pose with two outfits.

I looked up to my brother alot in my younger years, and he drew comics. I literally have about 1,000 notebooks full of doodles. I am a master artist, I can now draw whatever I try to. But there's one problem. It's only stuff I make up. XD

:p PG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back