How many Tamas should i have running?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! So I’m a tamagotchi collector, and i currently have 10 tamagotchis, and 4 are not running. The tamagotchis that i have running are my Pix, On, Meets, Gudetama nano, 4U, and Smart. Recently i find that my Tamas have been dying more than often as of lack of care, and I’m wondering if i should stop running some of them in order to be able to care for them better. The issue is that i love all of them, and i don’t know which ones to keep running and which ones to turn off! If anyone has any advice for taking better care of my Tamas or thinks they know which ones i should turn off, let me know! Thank you!

I only run one Tama at a time because I like giving them undivided attention. What I do is rotate through them. My rotate order is as follows:

1. Pix
2. Mix
3. Ps
4. Meets
5. Smart

I run each for about two generations, then rotate to the next. In the case of the Mix and the Meets, where I have all the versions, I rotate through those as well. So say the first rotation I play the Spacey Mix and Fairy Meets. Next rotation I would do the Melody Mix and Magic Meets, and so on. That way all of my Tamas get played but I’m not overwhelmed by running too many at once. I keep track of where I left off with each Tama in a notebook, that way I can easily remember where I left off when it’s that particular tama’s turn again. I hope that helps! :)

It can be difficult to decide as your collection grows. The only time I end up with several running is if I’ve gotten some in the mail and want to test run them, but it gets old quick. I play similarly to slynnski. I prefer 1 at a time.

Sometimes I play 2: a main tama and a second only if it can pause. Then I can unpause and connect them, play a bit together and pause it back again. If there is no pause sometimes I use the babysitter, but often that’s not enough so I just don’t run a second.

6 tamas is a lot! Gudetama is fun to see him get cooked, so I’d say you can easily keep him running in addition to whatever else you decide to play.

Whichever ones have been dying are the ones you should put away first. Revisit those after you play the others for a few weeks.

I find it fun to match a tama with a season or holiday. It is another way to narrow down a few from your collection rather than rotating through a particular order.

Or just pick whichever catches your eye at the moment! But take the batteries out when you feel like switching to another rather than adding more to your running tamas. When you put the batteries back in you can pick up right where you left off.

Thank you for the replies! These were incredibly helpful and i think I’ll be turning off my pix, smart, and i think either my on or meets, or maybe both. These replies helped me so much, thanks again!

I know you've already figured it out but it really can be surprising how difficult to care for they can get when you rack them up into like 4+. I've only really got experience with connections and nanos but I was surprised just how much worse the characters were getting/how many near death occurrences there were once I went from like 2 to 6. It's really weird because they're all the same kinda tama and I still did give them all care, it was just sort of rushed all at once so I think I began missing things. Training def got a lot worse. It's sad because I love them all so much and want to breed them together in long lineages but then I just don't give them the time they really need and rush it all. I suppose familitichi is good in this sense as you raise a bunch on the same device :p

Latest posts

Back