How much are the older tamagotchis actually worth?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

text it.

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody knew how much old tamas are worth? I have:

• v1 x3
  • v2
  • v3 x2
  • v4 x2
  • v4.5
and I really want to know how much they would all be worth:)xxx

The best thing to do is log into an auction site such as ebay and search for tamagotchis being offered for sale in your own country. You will then start to get a feel for how much second hand tamas in various conditions - brand new in pack or used, no instructions, scratches, etc. - are really being bought and sold for.

Be prepared to be disappointed ;) You might feel that your tamas are "old" but in reality they are quite recent compared to the original P1/P2 (released in 1996) and other ancestors tams like the Angelgotchi, Mothra, etc.

They're worth what people are willing to pay for them. (and ebay prices aren't always accurate, especially when it comes to certain virtual pets.)

That said, they usually sell online for around $10-25 used and slightly more than that for sealed/packaged ones. There really isn't a dramatic difference in prices for the Connection versions.

For those gauging ebay prices... use advanced options in the search and select COMPLETED listings. Just because someone posts $50 Buy It Now does not make it worth $50. I run into this problem all the time with people in real life who think things are worth that amount because some goofball on ebay set that as their price and it's been sitting there in the listings for months (sometimes even years!). Completed listings will show you how much the auction closed for or if someone was willing to pay that price buy it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back