How much was your parents wedding?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfer_girl

Reaction score
When Mum was 17, she got married to Dad because they were in love, and many people thought it was because she was pregnant. (lol. She didn't have a child until 28. xD)

Anyway, they wanted a wedding. But not a big one.

Here's what they did:

-Mum borrowed her sister's wedding dress.

-They invited some friends to get the wedding certificate.

-They got the wedding certificate.

-The wedding ring (second-hand). $20.

That's all they did. When I heard this, I laughed because people spend over $20,000 on a wedding, and my Mum and Dad spent $20.

When my Dad asked Mum to come live with him in Australia, she said yes.

NOW, when she came back, (she still didn't have a child) a rumour spread across her town that she had twin boys. The rumour was from a lady that spreads gossip.

When I asked her what happened after her wedding and moved to Australia, this is what she said:

"Apperantly, I had 3 year old twin boys I've never met. I told people I didn't have children and they never listened" xD Her and Dad laughed about the thing.

So, how much was your parents wedding, and what strange thing happened after the wedding?

Edit = My mum just told me the ring was $20. My bad. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how much it cost them, exactly, but I do know from pictures that she wore a hideous hat for whatever reason and my dad ate cake when he was really supposed to be dancing with her and socializing.

They don't have their rings anymore because after they got a divorce, my dad threw both of their rings out into the snow. My grandma found one later and kept it for herself because apparently he doesn't like being reminded of it, even though they're back together.

I'm not sure..My parents didn't have a big ceremony or whatever. They just got that wedding certificate or whatevz and signed those complicated papers and stuff <_>

My parents didn't get married. o:

But my mum is getting married sometime in april?

With my brothers dad, omg this is confusing. D:<

But I don't know how much they've spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back