How old do you have to be to get a debit card?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshi999

Reaction score
How old do you have to be to get one?

Because I'm tired of asking my parents to take me to the store when I have my own money and I'm thinking of getting a prepaid credit card like the ones you can get at Jewel, Walgreens, or something.

Edit: Sorry, instead of prepaid debit card,(in the description), I meant prepaid credit card!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your parents can get you a prepaid card any time. I am not sure how old you have to be to use it. Maybe 16?

Look it up.

Just put in pre-paid debit card in to a search engine. The sites should have all the legal terms in it.

Problem with those prepaid cards is that you have to pay to use them! Cash is ultimately better.

Your parents can get you a prepaid card any time. I am not sure how old you have to be to use it. Maybe 16?
Look it up.

Just put in pre-paid debit card in to a search engine. The sites should have all the legal terms in it.

Problem with those prepaid cards is that you have to pay to use them! Cash is ultimately better.
Sure will.

Thanks for the help.

I'm just making sure because I heard it's 16 but I'm not entirely sure if it is.

Omai. I really don't know.

You see, where I live, there's this program called Summer Adventure...and if you keep up good attendance and good behavior, then you get a $100 debit card as your reward. And they're even giving the reward to kindergarteners and first graders..so I really don't know. ^___^;

Sorry for my lack of proper assistance.

Love,

CB

Omai. I really don't know. 

You see, where I live, there's this program called Summer Adventure...and if you keep up good attendance and good behavior, then you get a $100 debit card as your reward. And they're even giving the reward to kindergarteners and first graders..so I really don't know. ^___^;

Sorry for my lack of proper assistance.

Love,

CB
Whoa the people who live around your area must be really lucky... lol.

You serious they even give it to kindergarteners and first graders?

Awesome!

I dont know. I really didnt bother asking. I didnt want to make a debit card another hassle my parents have to take care of

I just earn money, It works fine ;]

I don't know if pre-paid credit would have an age limit o.o; As it's already paid for and basically works like cash.

If there IS an age limit, I'm amazed I didn't get fired from Fred Meyer, because I'd have like 10 year olds come up and use them.

Normal Debit/Credit through a bank you'd have to be 18 if you wanted your own account and cards with your name on it.

If not, you can have your parents get you an account and cards, but they'd be under their names and you wouldn't be able to use it as credit if it was a credit/debit like mine is.

I believe when I got my own bank account with debit card I was around 13, 14 when I got mine, but I didn't really use my debit card or bank much until I got older. I wasn't allowed to get a credit card until I was 18 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back