How old is to old for a Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not too old :) I am 25 and just got back into collecting Tamagotchis after a 19 year hiatus!!

grownups.png

Story time!

I'm currently in a legal battle to obtain compensation for video games I had stolen from my doorstep (lousy mail thief) and had to buy back from a local resale shop. When initially filing the police report, the detective could not quite understand what I was saying the titles of the four games were, and in a moment of frustration ("inception?" "No, inFECTion!") He threw his hands up in the air and said "you're 28 years old, what are you still doing playing video games?!"

My response? "I'm really nostalgic over this series, and couldn't afford to buy them myself when I was a kid!"

He then said, in a tone of reverence, "That is a GREAT point! I think you just helped me figure out how to explain my Star Wars action figure collection to my wife."

/story

The point is, Tamas are becoming more complex and entertaining. A lot of the cost way more than a toy for a young kid to play with would. and if they still interest you, you're not too old for your Fandom!

grownups.png

Story time!

I'm currently in a legal battle to obtain compensation for video games I had stolen from my doorstep (lousy mail thief) and had to buy back from a local resale shop. When initially filing the police report, the detective could not quite understand what I was saying the titles of the four games were, and in a moment of frustration ("inception?" "No, inFECTion!") He threw his hands up in the air and said "you're 28 years old, what are you still doing playing video games?!"

My response? "I'm really nostalgic over this series, and couldn't afford to buy them myself when I was a kid!"

He then said, in a tone of reverence, "That is a GREAT point! I think you just helped me figure out how to explain my Star Wars action figure collection to my wife."

/story

The point is, Tamas are becoming more complex and entertaining. A lot of the cost way more than a toy for a young kid to play with would. and if they still interest you, you're not too old for your Fandom!
Beautifully said.

Also xkcd so good on you.

Sadly, the dogs got ahold of my P's and I'm currently tamaless. But I'm in my 30s and I still like them and always will. I do have a talking Nano Puppy named Cujo that goes everywhere with me. Plus 13 other electronic pets. I'm going to try to score a Tama Friends pretty soon.

Do what you enjoy! I am 28, married, own a house a truck and work full time! How is that for adulting? I almost always have a tama wherever I go. You can find them in my living room, purse, nightstand... I never let others tell me I was acting childish by continuing to do what I love. I agree that they have gotten much more complex. I also experienced what Aentenra said, in that when I was younger I begged and begged for a Tamagotchi, but only received a Nano. Once the batteries dies my parents chucked it and said you couldn't replace the batteries that it had to be thrown away..It annoyed them so that was their easy fix. After that I became obsessed and at all my birthday parties from 7-13 my friends all gave me Vpets! LOL. When I got my first job it was around the time the connections came out here in the US and I was able to drive myself to go buy them on my own haha. Moral of the story...you're never too old to play!

Ahhh, how I hate socially-constructed age barriers for things. I'm a 28 yr old still playing video games regularly (which my fiance does too), and I've just resurrected my childhood love of tamagotchi as a hobby/collection.

You know the beauty of getting older?

Being comfortable with yourself. Doing what *you* want, and caring less about what others think of you. Not being ashamed to have certain hobbies or interests, regardless of gender and age "norms". Breaking down barriers and rejecting socially reinforced ideals about how you should live your life during whatever discourse you're a part of - a teenager, a mother, a career-oriented person, a student, a middle-aged man, a transgender, someone with religious ideals, or many other random categories that can interact with/cross over each other. You define what you want and what you enjoy, and you work out how to be comfortable and confident with those things.

I've felt so much better since I've allowed myself to enjoy the things I like *naturally*. Things that pop into my mind and I think, yeah, I really want to get into that/get into that again. If it makes me happy and it harms no-one else in any way, I should be allowed my enjoyments - because life is short :)

Never! You're always free to do the things you like, regardless of your age. n v n At least that's how it should be, I feel. ~

I've liked Tamagotchis since the v2 came out, and I'm not going to stop the Tamagotchi hobby just because some people might say that some things have upper age limits.

I'm 15 and I still love Tamagotchis! If you want to raise a new tama, go for it! Just be careful if you start to strain your eyes.

No one is ever too old to play Tamagotchi. In fact, I see them keeping me company in my old age when I'm retired & enjoying life. If Bandai still chooses to produce them. LOL!

The older you become, the more you realise things you want in life. If you want tamagotchis, go for it! If you want video games, go for it! If you can afford them, that is... You know the problem with having hobbies is you know as hell as everyone else here that they require you have money! lol

I'm 29 and been obsessed off and on with Tamagotchi since I was 11. I also collect dolls and probably have to many stuffed animals(uses her ferrets love of them as an excuse). Your only to old if you no longer enjoy something. When my family questions why I buy what I buy I tell them there are worse things I could buy. I could be drinking my money away. This usually shuts them up.

No shame! I used to come on this website all the time when I was 13 or so, and five years later I've somehow managed to find my way back. Do what you want and try not to be embarrassed by it, you don't have to fit into a social standard of what's "adult" if you don't want to.

Being too old for something doesn't exist :p being too grown up (which is just a little boring imo) is something real, and people confuse it with too old all the time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back