how old until u should stop playin with

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 20 and I can't see myself stopping anytime soon. I love having pets to take care of and sometimes that's not possible as a college student so you have to make due! A few of my friends saw mine (I keep them on pause while I'm out and only turn them on when I'm home) and they thought it was a neat idea... so you never know!

I'm 15, turning 16 this year and I love them! I will probably still have them when I am an adult. I just started the sixth generation on my Tama-Go today. I hadn't beforehand because I couldn't think of a name for him and I like naming tamas even if you can't put the name in. I'm considering buying a V5 and a +colour on Ebay. I currently have a V4 (which was offered to sell or trade but is now lost) a Music Star and a Tama-Go. I really just want a V5 because I miss the days when I had one before it got lost. It was fun.

Whenever you want to stop.

But that doesn't mean you have to stop. ;)

I believe ur never 2 old for tamas!!!! I'm 15 now and only jut got back into the little critters i think i know some people on here that are over 20 years old and still play with them today... I'm collecting tamas, well sorta, i have some coming my way from Christchurch.... But anyway thats not the point. The point is that u can be in ur mid 30's and you still wouldn't be too old for tamas!!! [well thats my opinion]

Anyway thats all

Frm Sakura-san123 :lol:

I think that if you like tamagotchis, DONT LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE! you as a person have RIGHTS to play with tamagotchis, and you never HAVE to stop, unless you want to. ^_^ it optional to grow up, like tamamum said.
Hmm. Result of not letting my mom ban Tamas if she wants to: All my 12 Tamas being thrown out and never being allowed on TamaTalk again, plus a lot of yelling, arguments, and my parents will demand my password for my computer and threaten to throw it out to...in short, I will lose all my electronic stuff forever.

So...if you're a kid, like me, you don't even have a choice about buying Tamas, let alone playing them. At least, I don't. I'm not allowed to the shops on my own, and anyway I doubt you'd find Tamas in the toy stores of Auckland.

This is a silly question. It's like asking when should you stop having fun. xD

No one ever HAS to stop playing with a tamagotchi just because of their age.

It's fine if your 11 and bored with yours. There's times every now and then i get bored with mine but eventually a few weeks or months later i'm ready to play with them again. I got into tamas when i was 17. Now i'm 19 and i still love them just as much.

You're never too old to have fun playing with toys. :)

why do so many people talk like this. its crazy! first of all you r never to old :lol:

second it is your choice to give up the tama life so whenever you feel like it

:nazotchi: :nazotchi: :nazotchi: :nazotchi: :nazotchi: 25

i'm 24, I had some when I was 19, got rid of them cause my dad said I was too old, and just received my v5 in the mail today. You're only too old if you think you are. Don't let anybody tell you different, and if they try, punch them in the face! OK, maybe you shouldn't actually punch them in the face, especially if it's your dad but don't let them push you around.

I don't believe that there is any set age at which one should or must stop playing with Tamagotchi. I am currently 15, have enjoyed virtual pets since the age of 9, and fully intend to collect them well past the age of 25. No-one should decide when it is right for others to stop playing with the toys that they love. One shoud stop when one feels ready to move on, and not before.

~Marie

I'm 34. I still like Tamagotchi and other virtual pets. I always will. I'll probably be buried with some of my robot dogs.

I'm 21 and I just started playing with v-pets again. I believe if makes you happy and doesn't harm anyone, then do whatever. Life's too short to waste time not doing what you love.

I stopped when I started high school back in 1999 (13?), but now I'm 26 and rekindling my love for them with a new tama color. :p

I don't think people should ever give up 'playing,' being whimsical and imaginative. It's sad that most adults loose that, I think we can keep it despite the stresses and responsibilities of adulthood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never, ok maybe when you get tired of it.

off topic time!: I have a blue tmago and i have 3 figures! Its alot of fun

i believe that you should never stop.

Whenever you want :) Remember you can always stop and later in life play with them again. (thats what I did) XD

I probably posted in this already but.... If you like it, enjoy it. If you enjoy it, isn't it like a part of you would be missing if you stopped doing something you loved? Its one thing if its your choice, but don't let anyone tell you to stop.

I've been told that for years and for the most part ignored them, they (for the most part) accept it. I have certain people who will be on both sides of the wall, just depends on their mood.

I think they are just happy that I am trying to save money now and its only going towards one thing and not 50 different things. They may not understand why I love them so much, but they understand it makes me happy, which makes it worth while. They know it puts a smile on my face when I'm down or have had one of those unlucky sorta days....

So to answear your question.... When YOU want. The age frame is only for an age range...not limit. Maybe for those people looking for something to buy for that age range, they might go "oh this might be good" because they see the range... It isn't an age limit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse me?

You think there's an age when you should stop?

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

I can picture myself passing one or two of my Tamas to my kids, then persuading them to get some.

Grandkids.

I would hope my children would do the same.

Excuse me?

You think there's an age when you should stop?

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

I can picture myself passing one or two of my Tamas to my kids, then persuading them to get some.

Grandkids.

I would hope my children would do the same.

Yes... Although I think I would rather buy them a new tama then give them one of my old' friends. Regardless how much they are worth on the internet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back