How to connect a gen 1 and gen 2 together?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PastryyPuff

Reaction score
I’ve read that all tamagotchis can connect together, and if one device doesn’t have another’s character it’ll show up as a mystery character. Me and my best friend recently bought Gen 1 and Gen 2. We were excited to have them play together but everywhere I’ve looked I can’t figure out how to do it. I never knew there were so many different versions and I don’t know what half of them mean. I really only picked it up from having the nostalgia of a pink one as a kid. Is there a way to connect them? How do I do it? Thank you! (It’s the ones you get from like Walgreens that are in the white boxes with a blue label for the 2nd gen and a purple label for the 1st gen) 

The recent Gen 1 and Gen 2 devices are remakes of the original Gen 1 and Gen 2 Tamagotchi virtual pets from 1996 and 1997 - these versions could not connect to each other.

It's an easy mistake to make, though - as you say, there have been a lot of different versions over the decades, and the official V1/V2/etc. numbering used for the 2000s-era Tamagotchi Connection line (which, though not the first connectable Tamagotchis, remain the most famous because they were the first connectable Tamagotchis to be released worldwide) is easily confused with the Gen 1/Gen 2 naming of the original mid-1990s pets, as well as with the community's "P1" and "P2" nicknames for the same 1990s devices.

Many Tamagotchis can connect, but there are still plenty of versions (both old and new) that can't - I hope that this news isn't too disappointing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back