How to - remove dead pixels from your tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamaTamatchi

Reaction score
I've seen extreme amount of people having dead pixels on their tamagotchi. So, I'd thought I would show you how to remove them from your tamagotchi, permanently. If you haven't seen a dead pixel, here is what I'm talking about -

d8942341670c96c54b7f8307192e9d18.jpg

As you could see on this tamagotchi, there is a big box full of pixels that don't work. But how can you fix this problem? Easy. Well, the first reason could be -

ce74c9d47d945f1a0091a029c36c5a1a.jpg

As you can see here, the tamagotchis housing is about to come out in half. That's because your screws aren't tighten enough. You need to open the tamagotchis, and tighten the screws. If you still have dead pixels, try this -

770e8f3803b0e65d2dd5eab479cf0ad0.jpg

Take your thumb, or an eraser (preferably) and push down on the dead pixels. This will make the tamagotchi tighter making the dead pixels "alive".

aa61405943c64e4494f443494cdc7454.jpg

Well, now your dead pixels are gone! Your tamagotchi is fixed and all better. If you still have dead pixels, even after repeating this process, then there must be something inside the tamagotchi, or the circuit board is corroded. Enjoy!

- TamaTamatchi

Another tip, open it to the inside. Clean the circut board really well. The darker green is slightly less important. The most important is the lighter green "paths". If something is on it, such as... Battery gunk or goo... Clean that first. With a Q-tip or toothpick carefully. Then restart the tama for testing... That usually fixes it.

Be careful on the amount of pressure you apply to your screen doing the eraser/thumb process.

Keep in mind this is the "rainbow effect" that happens to older calculators or simmilar made ones. Pushing on the screen too often or too hard can ruin a calculator. This can ruin your tama further... Such as the screen "bleeding" or something similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
The P1s have the screen mounted to the case and the circuit board (PCB) pressed against the screen when screwed in to make contact. If the device gets dropped enough or the screws come loose then the connections will become separated, moved, or other. Pulling it all apart and cleaning the connections on both the screen side and PCB will fix many of these issues.

I haven't opened the Connect series, however I imagine that they are very similar. On the Tama-Go the screen is mounted to the PCB and you will have to unscrew it to get to those connections, however they also could be soldered in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back