Huge Tama-Go discussion

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorkfish04

Reaction score
Before you read and discuss with me, I'd like to say that tama go is so far my favorite tama that I have played with, I'm not hating on it, I'm just wanting to know what you think about it.

(1)

Ok, my first thing I would like to ask and discuss about is the pricing of the tama go.

Do you think it's a fair price for the tamagotchi itself? I thought $21 at toys r us was a little crazy, but I made myself buy it anyway because I wanted it really bad. I personally think $15 or $16 would be a little more appropriate for it, but that's just me.

And the figures, $8 for a figure? I'm not angry or nagging about it, I understand bandai has to make their money, but it seems a little too much for such a small thing that only has 2-3 games on it. I got ringotchi and it gave me a pattern game, then monster beater, and a shape game. I think $5 would be a little better pricing for the figures. Or at least a figure with a full 2-3 games on it to go with the tama go, instead of a lite figure with one game. Just my dream filled thinking on that one lol.

(Please nobody start an argument about "THEY NEED TO MAKE MONEY! IT COSTS MONEY TO MAKE!!!! BLAH BLAH BLAGGHGHHH" This is just my thought on the price of it, not a debate)

(2)

Next discussion on it,

What features do you wish it had?

I wish it had an option to play with a toy like the music star does. I love how I can transfer my gotchi points to and from tamatown, that's an AWESOME feature! I just wish I could send toys to my tama go too!!

(3)

What do you think about the default games?

I personally spent about 2 hours playing shoot the bug today. It's a nice simple game that I really enjoy. I'm not too fond of the long jump game though.

(4)

Should they make accessories for it?

Accessories being a replacement pack, or decorations.

Replacements for the lens that scratches easily would be a great thing to have. I'm being very careful about keeping mine scratch free, but even with being as careful as I am with it, I've managed to get a few scuffs on the lens. I think it'd be good to have an opportunity to replace the lens cover.

I know they sell the face plate decorations with the figures, which I am THRILLED about (the cute cherry one is the reason I bought ringotchi) but I wish they would be more durable. They are covered by the lens yes, but they too get little bendy marks on them if you're not careful.

And maybe a replacement chain or charms would be a good idea to have with accessories. They chains are plastic and flimsy. Mine hasn't broke, but I fear that at some point it will.

A gripping skin for it would be nice to have, because these are slippery little things!! I know a few people who have dropped theirs because they're so bulky, and if you catch it by the chain, the chain breaks and the tama still falls.

(wishful thinking on the accessories)

(5)

what are your favorite things about it?

I love that it can connect with tamas that are of different versions. I connected it with my music star and even though there were only 2 games, it was fun to see them interact together.

I love all the features it has, it seems to be basic to take care of, but with extras so you don't get too bored with it compared ot music star in my opinion. Music star eventually seemed like a hassle to me. It's fun when you want more interacting and care for it, but otherwise it's a pain in the bum to constantly mess with it. You check the door a lot, you play games that seem really slow to get through (i got so sick of the singing game, it goes through the notes twice and you can only skip the second time it sings) I like the job option it has when it's an adult, but other than that music star got old fast for me.

Tama go has ever changing figures to get more games, so there's always a variety to look forward to and hopefully doesn't feel so repetitive. Music star is a great tama too, don't get me wrong.

Now that you've heard my thoughts on the topics I've posted, I'd like to hear what you think about the above topics.

(1) Pricing

I agree with your prices of 15-16 for the tama-go and about 5 for the figurines.

I mean it coasts bandai about 10 cents to make these things and lets not forget the 30 cents the pay their workers.(exacterating a little but you get the point)

They could do a little better.

(2)

There is another discussion about being able to choose when a tama sleeps. And I think that feature would be great <3

And I kinda wish the games that where on the figurines would stay on the tama at least for a few days/hours (so people couldn't just pass them around) so you dont have to lug them around with you. You can just pop the games on your tama and go out.

(3)

They're pretty fun. Just wish there was more.

(4)

I agree with replacement lenses. That'd be nice. But other then that I wouldn't really use anything else.

(5)

I like that you can go on tamatown and it's more fun the on the V4 and such (My music stars not here yet so Idk what that is like)

But I mean other then that. I just like it. Not much to say. (Or to lazy to type it all I guess haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back