Hypothetical Tamagotchi Question

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohthatjames

Reaction score
Hello, everyone! I hope this is an appropriate place to post this. If not, many apologies.

In brief - I am currently writing a small indie film which involves a Tamagotchi that is tragically broken. The toy itself is eventually repaired, but I am curious what is and isn't possible during one of these repairs.

1. If the toy itself was broken, and the battery disconnected or crushed, would it be possible to ever revive or retrieve the pet that was alive at the time of the break? Or would that pet have to be rerolled / rehatched?

2. Is it possible to alter the Tamagotchi board or settings in some way to enable the pet to live indefinitely? I have researched this and found workarounds involving uploading the pet to an app, or leaving the pet on the set time screen. But I'm hoping there might be a more hardware-based trick to accomplish this.

Thanks so much in advance for any insights you might have. I feel like this is a great opportunity to properly represent the functionality of Tamagotchi tech.

1. Depends on the model. On the oldest ones, there's no recovery for your pet. But on newer devices, there is a save feature that saves your progress between battery changes. It would also depend on how the pet was broken; if something happened to the internal save data, of course, it wouldn't work.

2. There's nothing in the actual settings but I guess theoretically it could be possible to use a custom ROM...? I don't really know a lot about how that stuff works so I guess it's better to leave that to someone else to answer XD

I'd love to see your film after you've finished :)

1. If the toy itself was broken, and the battery disconnected or crushed, would it be possible to ever revive or retrieve the pet that was alive at the time of the break? Or would that pet have to be rerolled / rehatched?
You can definitely bring the pet back with the newer models/versions. It is impossible with the vintage ones.
2. Is it possible to alter the Tamagotchi board or settings in some way to enable the pet to live indefinitely? I have researched this and found workarounds involving uploading the pet to an app, or leaving the pet on the set time screen. But I'm hoping there might be a more hardware-based trick to accomplish this.
Never heard of a way other than the ones you mentioned. There’s a chance that you can keep your pet in almost every other version by simply taking care of it and it will stay there as long as you’d like.

Latest posts

Back