I am REALLLY scared!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

furawatchi girl

Reaction score
i have had contact lens for a while now and recently i have been forgetting to take them out then i sleep! i am worried that it wil hurt my eyes and right now my right eye hurts. do you know anything about this? any help is much appriciated!

~Reanna

I would ask somebody. That might be dangerous. I have glasses, but I was gonna get contacts, but I never did. Anyway, do you clean them in the morning, still?

Matchy <_<

Talk to your parents about it. If nessacary they can talk to a doctor/eye person for you. ;]

Yes, talk to your parents and if you're eye continues to hurt, go to a doctor. Remember to always take them out at night, and clean them! If you don't you can get eye infections that may permanently damage your eye.

i hav contacts and sum times i fall asleep in them and after a day or two it stops hurting for me

I have contacts as well as glasses.

You just have to remember to take them out and clean them.

I know after a while of having mine in my eyes start to get irritated. You just have to take them out and give your eyes a rest, and ALWAYS make sure they're clean before you put them in.

Well I have glasses and I dont know much about contacts. But I would imagine that it would cause some damage or pain if you dont take them out every night. How long have you had them in? If I were you I would go see a doctor before atempting to take them out you're self and than maybe have him take them out for you. If you are scared for him to take them out than just tell him or her and I am sure they will understand! Best of luck!

Though I have no clue if this is true my friend says if you keep your contacts in too many times during the night your eyelids will eventually stick together. I am not sure if this is true but if you are concerned that it will hurt your eyes ask someone to remind you to take them off at night. And if they forget to remind you then maybe set an alarm to go off at night and then you will remember that you are to take your contacts off.

n_n i'd be scared to get contacts.. teehee i think it will get stuck in my eye or if i close my eyes it will roll back and dissappear :']

ahaa.

a stupid fear, i know. i've never had them before, but i guess if it's hurting you you shuld probably take them out at night and yeah- clean them every morning , if that don't help- off to the clinic! :D

Well, first of all I would find a method to stop you from forgetting. Maybe leave a note on your pillow, or headboard (if you have one), or even your bedroom door that says something along the lines of "TAKE YOUR CONTACT LENSES OUT", and that could help as a reminder. If your right eye keeps hurting for some time, or you are worried about it, I would consult the optician just to be safe. :D

I agree with spiffy and GotchiGirl96.

Tell your parents, and they will call an eye doctor. Then, maybe at your bedpost or your door (anywhere you can see before you go to bed) leave a note saying, 'Take out my contact lenses before sleep.'

Yes, I agree that a note will help. Write it on your forehead if you have to.

As a fellow wearer of contacts, I have sometimes slept with them in, usually during the times when I'm so tired I fall asleep on top of my bed with my clothes on. Doing it too much is bad for the lens and can sometimes tear it, which hurts like a fish. Your lens may have torn and that could be causing the pain.

If that's the case, it should go away within a few days, and use the solution like eyedrops if it gets really bad.

My dad has a certain kind of Contacts that doesn't hurt you when you fall asleep with them get those!

I have contacts and I talked 2 mum and she said its best NOT 2 fall asleep in them but can. Ask her or r eye docter if they r breathable contact lenses because if not u can't sleep with them. And the way I remember is usually my eye starts 2 get sore or blurry but as spiffy said u can leave a note on ur pillow or something.

-kittystar

You need to remember to take them out, your eyes need oxygen, and when you leave them in, my dad left them in once (these are old lenses) and they stuck like glue to his cornea and I think it ripped it and he had to get special eye drops to fix it

Well I don't think it'll kill you to sleep with them on, but of course its not good for your eyes.

Talk to your parent or eye doctor about this. And if it becomes somewhat of an issue, there are contact lens that you only have to change every month! =D

If you're cleaning them every night, it could be that the solution you use stings. That happened to me. You could try to take a break from contacts for a couple days and wear glasses instead.

~Mimitchilover

i have had contact lens for a while now and recently i have been forgetting to take them out then i sleep! i am worried that it wil hurt my eyes and right now my right eye hurts. do you know anything about this? any help is much appriciated!
~Reanna
Ask you'r parents go see or go see a doctor and remember to take them out at night.I have glasses and sometimes my eyes have little black-outs :p .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back