I can't believe it!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warriorscats

Reaction score
When I was in grade one (I am in grade five now) the school gave us each a little baby pine tree. I loved it very much and after it got to big for the pot it was in we went and planted it in my grandparent's garden. After a few years it got to big for the tiny spot in the garden that we planted it in so my grandparent's and my family decided to plant it right behind our fence that surrounds our backyard (so we didn't plant it in our yard but behind the fence). After a year I thought that nothing bad was going to happen to it because nothing happened so far. But I was wrong. Today when my mom and I were walking back from my school's 'Parent Teacher Interview' where parents go to the school to talk to the teacher about how their kids are doing we were just about to go down the sidewalk beside our house when my mom said that the tree was gone. I looked and sure enough it was no where to be seen. Finally my mom nudged me and told me to look in a huge pile of dirt. There sticking out of the side of the big pile of dirt, all mangled and broken, was my baby tree. The night before bull-dozers were bull-dozing(sp?) behind our house because they had to did a trench for the huge amount of water stuck on the sidewalk to move into the grass. Sure enough they bull-dozed right over my little tree. They could have easily gone around it but they didn't. I am half way to crying because I loved that tree and I hoped that it would grow up to be big and strong. I phoned my grandpa and he said that he was going to phone the city and complain. (By the way I live in St.Albert, Alberta.)

I just can't believe that people would actually bull-doze over a baby tree hardly taller than a meter with no care whatsoever! They had no right to do that! :gozarutchi: :D

That sucks.. :[
I know! How dare they just freely run right over a baby tree! I can't wait until my grandpa complaines to the city because they had no right to do that! :gozarutchi:

I know! How dare they just freely run right over a baby tree! I can't wait until my grandpa complaines to the city because they had no right to do that! :gozarutchi:
I would get pi**ed like you if that happened. I mean, 1st grade!! Seriously! That's mean!

Okay, I understand you're mad. But it was just a tree. They didn't know it was special to you. :l

Suing or complaining to the city for something they didn't know isn't too smart.

You can't really blame them.

Put yourself in their place. How would you like to be sued or complained to for something you didn't even know? And one more thing... suing them wouldn't be very logical at all. It's not like you lost money from that tree :l

It's like suing someone who accidentally ran over and killed your pet.

Last edited by a moderator:
That really stinks - I planted a tree at a very young age and I know how you can get attached to them.

However, this situation could have been avoided - did you have stakes or something to give a hint that the tree was special and being tended to by you? It may have just loooked like another tree to them, so they hit it. It was reckless if they didn't need to do it, but perhaps that wouldn't of happened had you made it clear that the tree was special.

However, I do feel bad for you - you can really love those trees.

Same thing happened to me, but only a few months after i got it. Some idiots were always mowing the lawns, We had no fences there in our old condo.

some idiot had mowed over my tree and cut it in half. As a first grader, i was crying so bad.

BTW, I live bought 30 or 40 mins away from you in the nearest city (i think it is)

What a shame about your tree. <_<

But they didn't know that it was special to you and it belonged with you. But still...Its very sad...Don't worry! It'll be ok...

I feel so sorry for you and the poor baby tree. <_<

I sort of know how you feel. :rolleyes: (I won't go into it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back