I can't turn on a Tamagotchi Mothra!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeaceFrog777

Reaction score
I just got a Tamagotchi Mothra and I can't turn it on. I tried pulling the battery tab, taking out and replacing the same batteries, and then pressing the reset button, but it won't turn on. How do I turn it on? Oh yeah, and it's brand-new.

I just got a Tamagotchi Mothra and I can't turn it on. I tried pulling the battery tab, taking out and replacing the same batteries, and then pressing the reset button, but it won't turn on. How do I turn it on? Oh yeah, and it's brand-new.
Are the batteries new, or the ones that came with it? If they're the original batteries, remember they're 10 years old, so could be dead by now. Replace them with fresh ones.

Try cleaning the battery contacts with a dry cotton swab (Q-tip.)

New batteries!

And yeah, gently clean the corrosion.

Having a volt meter to check your batteries is always a fantastic thing.

And yes, you do have to remember that this little thing is 10 years old. You are taking a small risk buying these things new in package. I would not bother the seller about it. If you did not ask the seller to test it before they sent it, that's your problem. They have no idea.

But Bandai makes quality stuff. Chances are it will work if you give the contacts a cleaning if there is corrosion. Then get some new batteries.

Good luck :puroperatchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back