I feel odd.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:FeeBumbleBee:.

Reaction score
That place with the stuff, and the other stuff.
Okay, well, I don't really date. For a few reasons. But, there's this guy. We'll call him... Jeff xD So, I like, just met Jeff. Like a week ago. Now, here's his deal. He has a girlfriend named Olivia. He kinda likes her, but the thing is, she's moving far away. And, he just doesn't feel like they 'connect.' So he broke up with her. Then, she started bawling and rolling all over the ground o_O He got back together with her, because if he didn't, he would be beaten to death by the eighth graders. Jeff is basically trapped in a relationship with an over dramatic beech who PMSes all year round. Now, the girl he really likes is my best friend. Or, the closest thing I have to one. Let's call her Jenny. She likes him back, a lot. So yeah. Great. Whatever. Me and Jeff flirt quite a bit in school, but I'm willing to stop for Jenny. Like, we pretend we're married and stupid stuff like that xD Then, we exchanged numbers. So we texted each other all day. And the thing is, it wasn't just mindless flirting, like with every other guy. We actually talked about ourselves. Then, he called me. We actually talked for three and a half hours, and never ran out of things to say. We poured our freaking hearts out to each other. I've connected more with him than any other guy, and maybe even girl. It's like we were made for each other. But, the problems are: 1. I don't want to ruin this by dating him. We have a great friendship. What if a relationship doesn't work? 2. My best friend likes him. 3. He has a girlfriend.

Now, I've already messed things up quite a bit. He likes me, I know. Prior example, from myspace messaging, while we were having a very interesting conversation about making out xD: Jeff: "Oh no Wifey. I'm having dirty thoughts about you." Me: "Really. Are those thoughts enjoyable?" Jeff: "Very much." Me: "You're so scandelous." Jeff: "And you love it, don't you?" Me: "Absolutely, my wonderful husband."

So yeah. I haven't realized that I was flirting with my best friend's near boyfriend until now. But this is the first time I've ever really liked a guy. And the first time a guy has liked me for my personality, not just because of my looks or social status. But then again, I don't want to ruin our friendship. And he has a girlfriend. And now I am in deep, deep trouble. I don't want to push him away from me, because I don't want to hurt his feelings. But.... Jenny.... She wouldn't approve of me having three hour long conversations with her boyfriend late at night. I think I might have to give up the one guy I ever liked.

You know what, screw it, I hate drama, I hate love, I can't lose what I never had. So I'm going to ignore everything and just go with whatever he wants to do. The problem is, he'll go with what is best for me, but I want what is best for him. Which I think might be Jenny, but I'm not sure. I'm really confused. I don't usually get mixed in with drama. I don't know what to do in relationships. I always avoided them. Advice, anyone?

Wait... Does this mean he was cheating on his girlfriend with me? I feel like a whore. Great. Another blow to the self esteem. Just what I needed.

Oooh, this is difficult Feebee.

I have no clue what you should do, but if I were you, I'd give him up for my best friend. For me, friends are more important then love and if they're happy, I'm happy. I've had so many friend-break-ups over a boy, it's not funny.

But, of course, this is you, not me. This might work out for you. Talk it over with Jenny and see what she says. If she's a true friend, she wouldn't mind talking about Jeff with you and working out what to do.

Lets hope for the best,

Ksenia.

Oooh, this is difficult Feebee.
I have no clue what you should do, but if I were you, I'd give him up for my best friend. For me, friends are more important then love and if they're happy, I'm happy. I've had so many friend-break-ups over a boy, it's not funny.

But, of course, this is you, not me. This might work out for you. Talk it over with Jenny and see what she says. If she's a true friend, she wouldn't mind talking about Jeff with you and working out what to do.

Lets hope for the best,

Ksenia.
Well, if it was that simple, I'd let her have him, just like that. But. He likes me a lot more than Jenny. I've figured that out. So, I need to consider his feelings, if I were to suddenly stop flirting with him. Ugh. I hate this. Soooo much. This is at least three times worse than dealing with the guy who claims he's in love with me.

Well, if it was that simple, I'd let her have him, just like that. But. He likes me a lot more than Jenny. I've figured that out. So, I need to consider his feelings, if I were to suddenly stop flirting with him. Ugh. I hate this. Soooo much. This is at least three times worse than dealing with the guy who claims he's in love with me.
Hm, well if he likes you more then ask your friend what she thinks about it. Of course, it'd be very awkward if she says she likes him a lot. Tell her that you think it might work out better if you and Jeff were together, not Jenny and Jeff. Tell her that you don't want her to be heartbroken if he breaks up with her and doesn't truly love her.

Once again, if Jenny is a true friend, she'd understand.

And about Olivia, it'll work out. If she's moving away and Jeff doesn't ''feel it'' anymore then he's sure to break up with her or she might even break up with him.

Yeah, this is difficult. Life is difficult in itself.

Well, 9 out of 10 times friendships last longer than boyfriends.

You say that you just met Jeff a week ago.

How long have you known Jenny?

How long has she been a good friend to you?

Are you prepared to lose that friendship over Jeff?

I would say that you sit down and talk to Jenny about this.

No matter how hard it may be I think ti would help.

I'm sure Jenny would be glad that you have been considering her feelings so much that you would even sacrifice your own.

:)

By the sounds of it, this Jeff person seems to like you a lot.

Good luck with whatever you do!

I'm sure whatever decision you make will work out for the best!

Just relax. Take a few deep breaths, and take a step back from the situation.

Jeff - Well, if he really wanted to be with you, he'd break up with his girlfriend, no matter what crap she'd give him about it. If it turns out he just wants to sneak behind her back and see you without her knowing, don't go out with him. It just shows that he's selfish and weak and doesn't care about other people's feelings.

Jenny - Like Ksenia and x.Fearless said, I think you need to talk to her. There's really no way around it. It may be hard to do, but it needs to be done. Just explain to her the whole mess you're in, and tell her you need some help and some advice, and most of all you need her support.

So, just talk to Jenny, and then give it some time. Don't deal with it right now. If things are meant to be with Jeff, then it'll work out. If things don't work out, than move on.

Firstly, no, Feebee. You are not a whore. You're just facing a difficult situation, and if I were you I'd talk to Jenny about it. But although what Ksenia said was right - friends do come first, this guy likes you more. So their relationship probably wouldn't work out and you'd know all along who Jeff really preferred (aka; you). She'd probably be more heartbroken than ever.

There have been many instances where me and my best friend forever have liked the same guy. We just have the same taste in boys. I've never gone out with each boy because I don't want to mess things up with my friend, and this has caused me to reject many decent, funny guys. But we're still friends. And we still pretend we're married. But for you this is really special. A three hour conversation, pouring your hearts out to each other? Sounds like you guys would make the perfect couple.

So, if I were you, I'd go up to Jenny in private and tell her, "You know that guy you like, Jeff?" "Yeah." "Well, I kind of like him too. Is that okay with you?"

There. You've got it out in the open, and asked her how she feels about it. The conversation will lead on from there, and you can both talk it through. No secrets. No arguments. Just best friends working out a problem. After speaking with Jenny, it'll probably become a little clearer to you what would be the best thing to do.

Good luck, Feebee. <3

You say you are really happy with this guy. You say he is your first close friend, a real friend.

If Jenny is a real friend, she would understand, yes?

If she were a real friend, she would understand what you feel and graciously give him up.

From my personal experience, I would say give him up and let your best friend have him. Why? I've been that best friend. Actually, it's what happening now.

My best friend stole the guy that liked me, and I liked back, away from me and spends hours a day talking to him, texting him, etc. It hurts so bad for me.

She likes him, and now he likes her. I've been forgotten.

But, I think when it comes to you Feebee, you deserve all the happiness in the world.

Tell your friend how you feel, and if she's a true friend, she'll smile and say "It's fine!" even if it is hurting her.

So go for him, babey, and tell us how it goes!

This is a tough one. Good thing it's a weekend. You can just relax and have time to make the right decision.

It seems like you like this guy more than Jenny does. You're going to have to talk to her. Tell her about everything that's been happening between you and Jeff lately. Explain to her how he likes you more than her and if he were to go out with her, it's not because of real attraction and that she'd probably end up getting hurt. Tell her that you're thinking about what's best for her, as well as what's best for you and Jeff. If she's a real friend, she should understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back