I forgot what debug is...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know how to debug either,could someone tell me? :mimitchi:

urrr its something to do with taking the back of the tamagotchi opening it up with a small screwdriver and shading in 2 little semi circles on a tiny button

Thas all i no sorry.......

What is debugging?

Debugging is the means by which a factory checks it's product to make sure it is working as it should and has no 'bugs'. With tamagotchi connections (the US versions) there is a debug circle, which is two semicircles side by side, when connected the unit goes into debug mode, where all characters can be chosen and played, and whats known as hypertime is available, making the tamagotchi go through it's life cycle in less than an hour.

So, we can debug tamagotchi's, but why would we want to? Perhaps theres an elusive character you have been trying to get since the dawn of time? well, since you bought the tama, or perhaps you're just curious? The great thing is the tamagotchi doesn't even have to stay in debug mode, you can switch it back and download the character you chose, try connecting it with another tama first to make sure it is saved. So if you are sure you want to debug your connection either version one or two then go thru the instructions below, remember this will not work on plus or connexion, and that you open your tama at your own risk, this is a fun thing to do but it isn't without it's risks, so be careful in there!

What you will need:

Connection, small screwdriver, and a pencil with a rubber on the end, or a small eraser.

First step:Make sure you have everything you need, undo the back cover for the battery, take the battery out and undo the four little screws in the corners.This is what the tamagotchi looks like once open, be very careful not to pull the wires which are attached to the sounder.

You will see a little black chip next to the debug circle, it will say debug above the circle, gently but firmly go over the two semicircles with the pencil to make a connection between the two pieces. Then carefully close the tamagotchi back up, the IR cover at the top goes in a certain way, make sure you don't put it in backwards!

Once you've put the battery back in check the screen, the egg should look strange, almost blurred, if it does the debug has worked and you can put the battery case back on. If not try adding more pencil, a softer graphite might work better.

You can now choose the character you want, i've used a Version two connection to do this, there are many characters to choose from, on the version 1 I know that there are a lot of characters you will never normally be able to get, you can raise these but they are often needy on food and lack decent movements, but they have different foods.If you wish to reverse the debugging, open up your tama again and use an eraser to remove the pencil on the debug circle, remember to be gentle, you don't want to be scraping it off! test it with the battery in to make sure the egg looks normal again, put it back together, and no one will ever know it was opened, in most cases you can still download the debug character to raise on a normal tam, try it.

there i got that off internet hope it works out for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back