I need critique for a drawing!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bamcr

Reaction score
Ok, so I don't know if you remember, but a loong time ago, I asked for critique for a drawing of Gerard Way.

And basically, a lot of people helped me and everything, so that was good.

And now I've tried a different drawing. This one is of Tomo Milicevic from 30 Seconds To Mars. Some of you might recognize him, others definitely won't.

This time I've included the preferance photo or the photo that I used to draw this picture.

So, here it is: DRAWING

Please don't tell me:

that the bottom part (or his jacket) is messed up because they faded it into another picture, as is his hair.

to add more shading on the check. It just didn't come out on the picture.

BTW, in the description, I said Realistic Not Anime basically because some people don't like anime, and because a lot of people do put anime pictures up, I put that. Not to be offesive to those who do put up anime photos.

thanks. bamcr.

https://www.conceptart.org/ <- REAL art site. REAL critique. However, not for the weak. If you want to improve, here's the best place.

I know the code of critique, but I don't want to follow it 'cause I'll end up starting an arguement about why copying pictures isn't art, and I am offended that you put 'REALISTIC NOT ANIME' on there. Because you say "not to be offensive" doesn't make it not offensive, it means that you know and aren't changing it so that it isn't offensive.

I think you need a thicker pencil lead for more contrast, and maybe make your lines a bit sharper and more defined. You also need to work on how smooth your fading is, maybe using a finger to blend it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good. I don't enjoy anime picture either.

I rate yours 10/10. You are a great realistic drawer. Someday, you may be in the Hall of Fame for artistic talent :D I don't know who the heck he is, but I'm sure that it is perfect :D

It is always your opinion on your drawing. You don't have to consider if it is bad, good, or average. You can even just throw it away if you get too many bad comments. I hope you have great comments forward on ^_^

(NOTE: This note is from a honest art critique. It is not something just to make you feel nice. It is honesty and jealousy (because I can't do that.))

There's no point in arguing / discussing if drawing a picture from a photo is art or not... this member just claimed it as a drawing... not "Art".

Copying photos is one good place to start to get a feel for proportion, line and tone... so why not?

It's not bad, but it could be improved. The angle of the head is not consistent with the photo and that kind of grates on me (and highlights the drawback with copying from a photo - you have to be accurate).

I do agree with pyonchit's comment regarding contrast and definition.

I think perhaps you just chose the wrong kind of photo to draw ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back