I need Ideas!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookiefairy

Reaction score
I'm making a game. it's a platform game where you play as a little white blob called Splob who lives on a planet called Ob. Then a meteor hits Ob and all the bad guys come out and then Splob (Player 1) and your trusty sidekick, Splotch (Player 2) go to investigate.

Players

1- Splob

2- Splotch

Enemies

Phob- Little red guy

Gnog- Tall rock guy

Pterob- Flying guy

Levels

1- Walking through town

2- Dodging falling debris from meteor

3- Investigating (Randomly playing in grassy areas)

4- Night time ninja mission (This was for you guys ;^)

5- Find meteor...

Game modes

Level editor- Epicness, and great fun to make, too

Campaign- The story

Tag- Tiggy!

Multiplayer- Up to 4 players, shoot little rock things to kill your opponent

Now this is where we are, out of ideas.

More info in the link in my signature entitled "My Games!"

Sorry if this counts as advertising...

Last edited by a moderator:
So maybe you could come up with a storyline that carries on after the meteor crash? So that they have something to investigate. A leader-- who's behind it?

You could have bosses at the ends of levels, that are somehow linked to the leader-- when you beat them, they somehow direct you or give you something that gets you to the next level. You could also gain a powerup or skills from beating them, that you need to defeat harder enemies.

That's another thing, you could develop some more enemies that do different things, that get progressively harder.

Sounds good so far, though. I think it's awesome that you're doing something like this. :)

@monkeez_cutiez: If anyone knows a way to convert game maker to an ipod touch file then sure!

Buut I don't know if it's possible. Plus, it costs money to get it in the app store.

@KERFUFFLE: Okay! Hmm a leader. HMM...

Some advice: You should show it to experienced game players, such as my brother, who actually knows what others would like. Some easy, quick tips would be the Maplestory keys, arrow keys to move, ctrl and alt: Ctrl to jump, Alt to attack, and perhaps shift to do some specials, and when you learn new skills, you can set them on another key. Up arrow key would be to enter doors. Also, for ideas, you need a STORYLINE. Also, if you want a good game, MAKE SURE THE ENDING IS CREATIVE AND DECENT! Some games where it says, The End! The whole world is living in harmony and peace now... Then I'd just forget the game, and not recommend it to anyone. The ending should be creative, and, even perhaps kill at least 6 birds with one stone. For example, the meoteor hits a cake shop or something of the sort, but you don't have proof it happened. This is the invesetigation thing, and then in the end, the bad guy thing has to give money, and build another shop. Perhaps, it might be better, and you get something out of it too! Well, these are some points, but I don't suggest you using the exact details. You need to be CREATIVE! Yay! Okay, well, with these pointed out, go and make your game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back