I need some help findinf my tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lunarsght

Reaction score
Greetings, everyone. I am from Turkey, and kinda in search for my lost childhood-my favourite (and only!) tamagotchi!

When I was 10 years old or so, tamagotchis suddenly became very famous in my country. Everyone had one in their pockets during the school, much to our teacher's dismay. They were very expensive, at the time, and I only had one. When teachers banned them I had my mother learn how to take care of it during the day when I was attending school. I was kinda obsessed with it.

It was 'smart 24 in 1 baby&pets' and it had 24 pets to choose from. I LOVED it. Especially the octopus (which adult form looked like a squid) and the duck (which had suspenders pants) were my favourites.

I played with it for 2 years, until its back broke and I was so sad. The tamogotchi rad has gone by then and I could not find a new one, anywhere.

Now, approx. 20 years later. I am searching wide and far for it, and sadly, it is hard to find exactly what I am looking for.

There are many fake ones out there in Aliexpress and I ordered a few, one 49 in 1 and a few 168 in 1.

I know they are fake thanks to 4 buttons (with the horrible reset button!) and the infamous bunny at the start. These rip-offs are horrible, I think, because thepet never changes shape, it comes as in adult form and stays there...I ordered them but I don't think I will be happy with them.

Bychance, I found this video:

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Sadly it is Russian, and while my English is pretty good, I don't know anything about the Russian language, and google translate does not help much.

The guy unpakcs tomagotchis and the first one, is my chidhood right there! It has all what my old childhood one had: the squid looking octopus (at 4.09-4.10 time) with googly eyes, and upon selecting, it has a house or egg for 5 minutes moving before it hatches. I am sure it has the duck with pants, too. The food selection is also the exactly same from my old 24in1. Hamburger, cake, some rice, and lollipops/milkshakes/apple/water for snack. I ... WANT... THIS!

The other tamagotchi he reviews after that is the horrible 168 in 1 one. It has the infamous starter bunny. It has instant hatching. And the shape of the animal never changes (I think)

But I am kinda confused, the first one is also a fake one, because it has the reset button, but where did he get it?

I ordered 49 in 1 and 168 in 1 tamagotchis, from Aliexpress. Are all 49 in 1 s the beautiful one in the first part, and 168 in 1s are the lame ones?

He has two links in the video, and I ordered the first one, 49 in 1.

Where can I find/order the quality nice one form Turkey? Any help, insight, recommendation, will be helpful. Help a guy in search of his lost childhood, will you? :) Thanks in advance!

Is the virtual pet (a name for all off-brand Tamagotchis) you are looking for this one? I also found a review of it in Russian. Judging from my brief search, that virtual pet is rather rare so it will be very difficult - if not impossible - to find.

Fake virtual pets generally steal programming or characters from other models and thus while it might look like something else, it is still the same bad quality device. I think the person in the video you posted may have just bought a general listing of these fake Tamagotchis and he received one with a slightly different programming. I'm sure there is some variation in these generic knock-offs, but also that they are generally the same.

In my experience, most older virtual are rather expensive and not as reliable as a Tamagotchi, thus it would be wise to research the model you are looking for instead of buying it immediately. This website has a lot of general information about older virtual pets while this website has a bit more in-depth information on a few virtual pets. Aside from those two websites, I would recommend looking on TamaTalk for information or posting about certain virtual pets in the Tamagotchi Cousins forum.

Oh! Exactly! The first link was what I had in my childhood, though mine was blue. I even remembered its slight plastic smell when I looked at the picture. So they are called Gyaoppi. I will do some searching, and hope for some of the fake gotchis I ordered will have this. The guy in the video definitely has the Gyaoppi multi pet one as the first. I would pay more than 40$ for that one.

THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back