I spilled nail polish on it. (Don't I feel silly)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachi

Reaction score
So like the title says, a few days ago I was painting my nails when I accidentally dropped a huge gob of top coat on my TamaGo's faceplate. I had the presence of mind to take the faceplate off before I tried wiping the top coat off, which I'm glad I did because when I tried to wipe it off it left a nasty smear and it would have gotten on my Tama itself :eek: (Luckily the polish was only on the right side and doesn't obstruct the screen... phew!)

So the question is, does anyone know how to get this stuff off? I don't dare use nail polish remover; my sister once spilled some on our kitchen table and it ate through the varnish and I fear that it might do the same to my Tama :( I've been using toothpaste and conditioner to try and buff it off, and it is better than it was, but at this rate, it'll take forever... Do I have to buy a new one? And if I do, does anyone know where I can buy just a faceplate? If I have to buy a whole new Tama to get a new faceplate then it's pointless 'cuz I'll still be short one faceplate...

Your help is much appreciated!

Oh, and I took a picture... See the cloudy spot outlined in red where you can't see Kutchipatchi's :lol: face? Yeah. That's what the right edge of my faceplate looks like now. Don't I feel silly.

383658_2614975265121_1577276618_2422611_1914447024_a.jpg

(sorry it's crummy quality, phones don't have the best cameras :rolleyes: )

Alcohal that what I use to get any type of paint off it hasent damaged my tama for all I know

Have you tried a tiny amount of windex or just plain water? Then a bit of scrubbing (muscle) Otherwise, I would go the slow and steady way you have mentioned...

@ grizzlebear: Huh, never tried Alcohol... but both my brothers have diabetes, so we do have a lot of rubbing alcohol around. I'll give it a try.

@ SailorRosette: If toothpaste won't do it, water certainly won't. It's not just a smear, it's dried and bonded to the plastic. I'll try Windex though, I never thought of it.

Definately don't do nail polish remover, glad you had that sense. If you read some topics (Custom Tama ones?) you'll read that people said it eats away at the Tama.

I don't know exactly what Displex is, but people said that they've used it to get rid of scratches. Maybe it'll work?

@ Violetchiluvr3: I've never used Displex before, mostly because it's expensive -_- The problem isn't that it's a scratch to be filled in, it's a nasty blob on top of the faceplate. So it might fix all the numerous scratches, but I doubt it will take off the nail polish.

@ Orandatchi: I'll let you know if anything works... I hope you didn't spill it anywhere that it will get in the way! I got lucky and only smeared up the right edge, but still... :p Taught me a lesson though: Make sure your tama is out of the way before painting your nails.

UPDATE: Rubbing alcohol and Windex didn't do anything, apart from making it smell funny. Back to square one, I suppose...

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's a big blob, then try scraping it off with a screwdriver? Try scraping it off, anyways. ;)

Well, okay, it's not really a blob, it's more like a... smear. Well it was a blob, but then I tried to wipe it off and it turned into a smear. A nasty smear. The picture doesn't show it very well but I did manage to scrape some of it off before it was completely dry. Now that it's completely solidified, that doesn't seem to work.

Why don't you try using soap to clear it off? Like liquidy soap. Or, you can mix something fizzy like a bit of lemonade (just a tiny bit, don't want it getting sticky) You can put some soap liquid in a bowl and put some lemonade in the same bowl then mix it together.

Try what I did. A bit of soap and TONS OF PERFUME. The alcohol will slowly rub off and might be gone. It didnt damage my iD L's front cover and I'm pretty sure it would work.

Huh... Now I just have to figure out where to get a bunch of perfume... My sister probably won't just give me some... -_-

True, perfume is expensive.

If you really want to you could go to Sephora with a few friends and everyone get samples?

Yeah get samples. Those tiny ones, or you can make some perfume or something if u don't wanna spend a lot.

Or maybe just take a tiny bit of rubbing alcohol onto a Q-tip and see what happens?

I suggest waiting for it to dry then scraping it off. It works for me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back