I WANT A GUINEA PIG

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doglover10

Reaction score
ok heres my story, i had no pets, and im an animal lover, so it never made sense, after a long time i finally told my parents about my plans to get a hamster, and they said no, so i proved myself responsible (long story but i really worked hard) ten i made sevral promises (buy all his stuff with my own money,i would be the ONLY one resposible for him, to always love him and take care of him not just forgetting about him after a week, etc.) then they finally said yes and ive had my hamster for MANY months now, still not losing iterest but i realized that i REALLY want a guinea pig for many resons 1. they arnt noctornal(hamsters ARE) 2. they are smarter 4. less stress of them escaping thier cage cuz they can run free anyway 4. less likly to bite. 5. they can learn thier name and are more capable of love.5 they live WAY longer (hamsters only live 2-3 years)

the piont is im afraid my parents will be mad cuz i aready have a pet and now i want more, or they will think that im becoming bored with my hamster (witch im NOT , i just want a daytime animal too!) hhow do i convince them to get me a guinie pig

Guinea pigs make better pets than hamsters, but they require more care.

I honestly don't think your parents would go for it if you already have a hamster.

You could try Orangutam's suggestion. It worked for me when I was younger.

I'd wait it out for a bit. Make sure that's what you actually want before you ask your parents about it.

You should be grateful you even have a hamster. Plenty of people have no pets at all. :|

Here's how to go about it:

1. Take really good care of that hamster to prove your responsibility.

2. Then, after your parents have observed that you are doing a good job, ask them about a guinea pig and assure them that you will take just as good care of that as the hamster.

-Don't repeatedly ask, "Why NOT? Why NOT?" Parents read this as "immature whining" and this will greatly lower your chances of getting a guinea pig.

-Understand your parents' reasoning for not allowing you if they don't allow you.

-Make them feel like they are in control of the situation and try to bargain with them saying, "If it's alright with you, I'm willing to..."

-If they say, "I'll think about it" this is a very good sign meaning that they believe that you're responsible enough and there is a thought of letting you. They most likely will to make you happy.

3. If they say no or 'I'll think about it' then do some work around the house to show that you really want it. Soon, 'I'll think about it' will turn into 'Well, okay' and that 'No, honey' will turn into, 'I'll think about it.'

This is your guide for getting a guinea pig. This will work if you take care of the hamster and speak maturely with your parents.

tell them this from me :i was a owner of a guinea pig once.they are very dosile and loyal creachers.they might squeek but thats just telling you their hungry and its enjoyable when they greet you when you walk in the room.they arnt picky with food ither.i had 3 pigs and all of them had personalitys.guinea pigs maade my life sooooooooooooooooooooo happy.

hope i helped!

~huskymew

i advice if you do get one or two best if you have two that it is from a breeder not a pet shop cause i have had a pregnat guiean pig from a pet shop and breeders know the right gender two more then pet shops cause i have seen pepole just bring them and telll them what tthey are not checking them long her cane be a noing cause they beed a brushh everyday mediun once a week short when ever and get info on them from books and websites and from pepole who have them pm for info (info for partens and you)

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be grateful you even have a hamster. Plenty of people have no pets at all. :|
lol! omg thats the exact thing i replyed to a person a long time ago who had three cats but wanted a dog, the fact is i AM gratful for my little hamster (his name is buster brown) its just he dosnt wake up till like, 8:00 at night'n'stuff and ive been researching guinea pigs for like a week, cuz i want one, and if u research them too you'd realize that they sound like such a goot pet

long story sort i LOVE my little buster i just want a little more in my life (p.s if this makes a diffrents i am an animal LOVER i just LOVE LOVE LOVE so if it were my choice id be living in somwhat of a zoo ;) )

tell them this from me :i was a owner of a guinea pig once.they are very dosile and loyal creachers.they might squeek but thats just telling you their hungry and its enjoyable when they greet you when you walk in the room.they arnt picky with food ither.i had 3 pigs and all of them had personalitys.guinea pigs maade my life sooooooooooooooooooooo happy.
hope i helped!

~huskymew
o hi huskey!!! :ph34r: its me from CP penny440, and thanx, ALL of u helped but idont know, im almost AFRAID to ask my parents (my mom HATES animals) i sent my mom an Email telling her all about why i wand a guinea pig (i was too afraid to face her in peron cuz she would just laugh, shake her head, and ignore me as if it was a joke) at the end of the Email i wrote sevral "PLEASE RITE ME BACK!" signs but i havnt gotten a repy for a week ;) its hopeless... :D

Hamsters are WAY better

I've had a guinea pig (2) and a hamster. I LOVED the hamster - and the guinea pigs only: POOP!!!

You take 'em out for 3 min - and there's poop all over your lap

I HATE 'EM

STICK WITH THE HAMSTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back