id L compatible iRDA devices and general help

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

princessrisi

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a idL from Japan, and think I have got to grips with the basics, so |I have a few questions going forwards.

What is the best device to get to iRDA to it? I have haerd bad things about USB devices, so am not opposed to getting a cheap phone, anyone got any model names of ones confirmed to work? (I am in the UK but overseas models do turn up on ebay, if they will work without a sim)

I am a bit of a tech-head so can probably get a USB iRDA to work with some basic instructions on how to modify the settings if anyone has them, the posts I have seen here are a bit scattered and chatty rather than solid step by steps or lists of confirmed devices/phones.

Onto my other questions

Are there only 2 core games without downloading anymore?

How do you know what times there will be people at donuts park

Is the only use of the clover for medicine?

Anything else a iDL newbie should know, I have not had a tama since the very first one till now!

Also a stupid question

My pet died/ran away so I hit yes to reset on the back, then reset, and lost all the items, is there a way to spawn a new pet without losing items?

This annoyed me because I had some things from my friend with a tama from when in Japan and I won't get that info back.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, welcome to TamaTalk and congrats on your new iD L. :)

I don't really know much about the USB devices. I tend to recommend people against them because of how temperamental they can be. There are a lot of great phones out there that have IR capabilities. The list of compatible phones can be found HERE. They're compatible with the iD as well as the iD L. I use the Palm Treo myself because they go for really cheap prices on Ebay and typically come with the battery charger, data cord, and other neat accessories.

Yes, there are only 2 built-in games.

I think there will always be someone at the Donuts Park when you visit but there are special things that happen if you visit at certain times. There's a list of times and what happens HERE.

Yes, the clover is used for medicine. You can also use it when your character has a toothache if it has had too many treats/snacks/candy. I don't recall if I've ever had to use it for this purpose on my iD L yet but it can also save your character from running away if you catch it at a certain time (i.e., slumped on the floor with a little ghost over its head).

If your character runs away from you and you'd like to start again without losing all your points and items, just press the A and C buttons simultaneously to "download" your Tamagotchi. All the modern Tamagotchis (2004 and on) have this feature. If you do it your way (pressing the reset button on the back first), there's a screen that should pop up after you press that reset button. Select the top choice to "load/download." The bottom choice is "reset." If you select "reset," there will be another prompt to make sure you really want to reset (the options are "yes" and "no").

First off, welcome to TamaTalk and congrats on your new iD L. :)

If your character runs away from you and you'd like to start again without losing all your points and items, just press the A and C buttons simultaneously to "download" your Tamagotchi. All the modern Tamagotchis (2004 and on) have this feature. If you do it your way (pressing the reset button on the back first), there's a screen that should pop up after you press that reset button. Select the top choice to "load/download." The bottom choice is "reset." If you select "reset," there will be another prompt to make sure you really want to reset (the options are "yes" and "no").
Thanks, and that's where I went wrong, i clicked load at first then just got the run away letter again, so that's when I hard reset.

I will remember if it ever happens again, which is likely seeing as how busy work keeps me :(

i'll check out the list of phones, cheers.

If you want to use a iRDA USB dongle, use this; https://tama-zone.com...showtopic=25127

For when your iD L dies, it should show a room with a ghost spirit and if it left, it should show a floating letter. You can scroll down to the clover icon to keep it from leaving. Same if your Tamagotchi has a blue backdrop or is about to die. If it does die or leave, hold down A + C to get a new egg.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ That's if it died if it was a child or teen.

If it was an adult, then they don't "die", they "run away". ;) It should be a blue screen with a letter with wings.

And also, if you see your adult packing a bag, go to the clover icon and click it very very fast and many many times. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back