Idol Gives Back

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KERFUFFLE

Reaction score
So this week was Idol Gives Back on American Idol.

I'm really curiius as to what you guys thought of it, because usually it's a great show, with lots of talentrd acts giving up their time for great causes.

Only I felt really disappointed with most of the acts this year. Not only that, but it was edited to death here ih the UK ):

Though vocally the Black Eyed Peas were the worst, Mary J Blige was my absolute least favourite.

*all gasp* I know, I know. I mean, I generally really like her AND Steve Vai and Orianthi were there with her!

Which was part of the problem for me. I mean, Zeppelin songs are as much about the guitar as the singing, as far as I'm concerned.

So for Mary to barely include Orianthi, and when she played her solo, decided to screech over the top of the poor girl, and drown out Vai, one of if not the greatest living guitar player in the world.. Was a monstrosity.

Robert Plant of Led Zep can't sing, and yet he beats one of the most technically great vocalists we have today hands down. How interesting.

And a piano in there...? Need I say more..?

One of my all time favourite songs, one of the greatest ever written in terms of lyrics, melody and instrument playing, was hereby murdered just on Wednesday night. ):

Sorry, my rant is over xD

Alicia Keys and Carrie Underwood were the best. Well, I just love Alicia Keys anyway, an accomplised pianist, great singer and songwriter, and so humble and she really cares about the children in need. And Carrie was just vocally oustanding.

And, I suppose at the end of the day, bad or good, it's all for a fantastic cause, and the VTs showed what great things it does for people all over the world.

So your views?

Edit: Just a little, it needed more positive xD

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really remember the ones from previous years, and I only got to watch maybe half of Wednesday night's show.. I thought it was good, I didn't think it was bad. but I heard that Annie Lennox was lip synching, which is too bad.. because I like Annie Lennox :]

A couple of the acts were boring/bad. I thought Carrie Underwood was the best, and Elton John. I'm gonna sound mean but, Elton is so old.. he can still sing xD

The videos of all the children were really inspiring... hard not to like. Overall I liked it, I hope they raised a lot of money :]

no one should sing Zeppelin, it's too sacred. Annie Lennox is great as usual and Sir Elton John was not as great as he was... He's so much better live in concert. Carrie was fantastic... and Casey James should not have been in the bottom three

OMG SIRELTONJOHN. He winked at me. xDD

I think Mary J. Blige was very good. With Orianthi was pretty good.

Overall, It was good. When David Cook went to Africa(It was Africa? If not, sorry.) It almost made me cry.

Back