I'm pretty sick of...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IamTehKitty

Reaction score
Members PMing me asking to join their sites, it gets rather annoying.

Yeah, I know. People tend to target the newer members because they don't know the rules as well as the elder ones.

.:puma:.

You probably already know that it's against TamaTalk site rules to PM a member asking them to join your site :D

I know it can be annoying, but please take a moment to reply to these requests with a copy of the Banned Topics & Posts regarding Personal Web Sites: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showtopic=53937 and draw their attention to the first paragraph (rule 2.)

The posting or advertising of personal links is forbidden anywhere on TamaTalk.What does this mean?

1. Personal links are NOT to be included when making posts on the forums (including "look at the link in my siggy")

2. You are NOT to PM other members asking them to visit your website/forum/other.

3. You are NOT to request visits on the main chat window or via private message on TamaChat.
Or, if you prefer, you could simply send them a link to this reply :D

Some members also put a note in their signature message such as :

Please, if you have your own site, don't PM me asking me to join

That might help too.

As long as you keep everything polite, a member should not take offence. Those that do and become abusive can be reported :blink: and if you check the rules on Personal Websites we do suggest this:

What if I see someone advertising?
On the forum:

Click the "Report" button found on the bottom right hand of every post or send a PM to a Guide with a link to the offending post. Please avoid making posts pointing it out as it counts as a form of SPAM - see type 2b in What is SPAM?

Via PM:

Next to the "Reply" button on the top right hand side of the PM, there is the "Forward" button. Click on that and address the PM to a Guide... we will take care of it from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advice:

Shouldn't you be:

• Reporting The Member Thats PMing you [SIZE=14pt]<[/SIZE] RECOMMENDED
  • Telling a TamaTalk Guide [SIZE=14pt]<[/SIZE] RECOMMENDED
  • Or Telling how you feel to that person?
Thats against the rules to be PMing people into joining ( someones ) Page/Fourm/Site/Other.

Also the only place you can REALLY advertise is your Signature.

Hope I help a little,

~TP~ ;)

Question: Are you allowed to PM your friend (or anyone else) asking if they want to join your site if you add other stuff? For example you might talk about, say, music, then are you allowed to say "By the way, do you want to join my site?"

Not that I want to, just wondering.

yes i got told by a staff member not to. ( i was used to ********'* [i would say the name but that would be advertising so i was] rules and . . i forgot that i it was against the rules.) All though people still PM me, i don't like it because they just don't give a description or a link. they jusy say (for example) '' join Tama_goth'' (made up name)

i know its really annoying people pm me for it so i told them not to in my siggy (look VV) yes the only tama site i go on besides tamagotchi.com is tamamtalk

well sorry, im usually emailing random people who seem cool, to ask for help, if it bothers you in anyway, im really sorry

Yes, very annoying. I only go on TamaTalk, otherwise, I don't go on any other Tamagotchi sites. I get them constantly.

And it's okay, MonkeyBoots. If you've done it in the past, maybe it would be a good idea to stop, but no-one's mad.

From,

Zoria and Gylfie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back