i'm so upset

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's okay! :( Ther's this little guy in my school who has it real bad, but he continues life normal- so should you! Just be careful of what you eat. <_<

Oh, I'm so sorry. :furawatchi: That's definetely no fun to find out.

But thank goodness it's nothing very serious, like disease.

But as long as you eat the right foods, everything will be alright.

And if you need any support, Tamatalk is here for you- always. :wacko:

Just continue to stay active and eat healthy- and everythings gonna be alright.

And remember, nobody's, forcing you to tell them your personal matter ever.

Telling others about your Diabetes is your choice.

And its good to know that your'e not alone. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's some hard news but remember, you aren't alone.

Thousands of people have diabetes. Get in contact with someone who else has diabetes. They can give you some pointers, what do to if this-or-that happens and help comfort you.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

What type do you have (1 2 3 or 4)???? My mom has type 2. Will you have to take insulin shots? Once you get used to it, you'll be okay with it.

It doesn't matter if you tell ppl because 1, they will probably figure it out or ask you 2, It doesn't change who you are!

Good Luck

abby/tt1o1

Which type of diabetes do you have?? Anyway, we're all here to support you.. I'm sure you've got a lot of people supporting you right now. I'm sorry to hear of the news... :furawatchi:

Terrible news....diabetes is never fun! But you'll pull through. Just relax, and be strong. I know you can do it. Remember....TT is always here, so if you ever need anybody to talk to you always have us. Right? Now don't you worry...you'll be just fine. I've had many diabetic friends in my life, and they are all perfectly normal in every way imaginable.

What type do you have (1 2 3 or 4)???? My mom has type 2. Will you have to take insulin shots? Once you get used to it, you'll be okay with it.
It doesn't matter if you tell ppl because 1, they will probably figure it out or ask you 2, It doesn't change who you are!

Good Luck

abby/tt1o1
There's a 4? This is news to me o_O;; Is that like the Juvenile type?

Diabetes is not the worst thing in the world to have. I've known those with family members and a couple of my relatives to have this condition. It just means you will have to take care of yourself a bit more and make any lifestyle changes needed to not have complications later.

I could develop diabetes, since diabetes is family linked and my grandfather has it. Just remember that you won't be alone in this! :(

I could develop diabetes, since diabetes is family linked and my grandfather has it. Just remember that you won't be alone in this! :(
So could I but lifestyle changes can prevent genetic weaknesses from kicking in :nazotchi:

My friend has diabetes and she is perfectly fine. You might have to start eating sugar free things so your blood sugar doesn't go beserk and things like that.

As far as I know, there are 2 types of diabetes. You most likely have type 1, which is found in most kids. This is a little worse than type 2, because the pancrease has stopped producing insulin completely, while in type 2 the pancrease produces some insulin.

In type 1, you will probably have to take insulin shots, which do not hurt and you will get used to them. In type 2, I think you have to take pills and things like that to keep the blood sugar balanced.

MY info probably isn't correct, but I did a little research on this because my cat has diabetes, my friend, and my neighbour. Don't worry, there's lots of people in the world that have it. It might be a little scary but you just have to eat right. PM me for any questions.

EDIT** Got types mixed.

My friend has diabetes and she is perfectly fine. You might have to start eating sugar free things so your blood sugar doesn't go beserk and things like that.
As far as I know, there are 2 types of diabetes. You most likely have type 2, which is found in most kids. (I think it's type 2) This is a little worse than type 1, because the pancrease has stopped producing insulin completely, while in type 1 the pancrease produces some insulin.

In type two, you will probably have to take insulin shots, which do not hurt and you will get used to them. In type 1, I think you have to take pills and things like that to keep the blood sugar balanced.

MY info probably isn't correct, but I did a little research on this because my cat has diabetes, my friend, and my neighbour. Don't worry, there's lots of people in the world that have it. It might be a little scary but you just have to eat right. PM me for any questions.
ummmm there are FOUR types. I know because my mom has type 2 and 4. Don't ask how it is complecated

oh and I want to add. You will probably have to take blood samples a ton of times per day. Diabeteas(SP?) runs severly in my family so I have to get blood drawn every so often! It doesn't hurt after the first time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is a link to an kinda old website (it doesn't cover types 3 and 4 because they are rare in ppl) It can be really helpful! https://www.diabetes.org/for-parents-and-kids.jsp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back