Improperly rated games.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midna

Reaction score
I mean, games are rated badly these days. For instance, Sonic and the black knight is rated 12+... BECAUSEE IT HAS SWORDS IN IT.

Shadow the hedgehog is rated 12+ for guns.

Twilight princess- same issue as Sonic and the black knight..

Sonic the hedgehog 2006 (oh and idiots who think this is the worst game ever will die now) was rated 12+ for.. NO APPARENT REASON?

Even Neopets: The darkest faerie is rated 10+! I mean, its NEOPETS!!

Why can't we have properly rated games like the Klonoa series from Lunatea until Dream champ tournament? I dunno what the wii remake of Phantomille's rating is, though.

They're just being careful. A while back, games like Zelda: Ocarina of Time were rated lightly. Ocarina was rated E. I think it SHOULD have been E10. Because of the violence, and it was pretty scary. xDD

The only game I don't get the rating of is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Teen? Please. It's cartoony. xDD But whatever...

I mean... if a game has fighting in it, even if it's fake, it's going to be rated higher for something like Fantasy Violence. If it has a whole load of swearing, it's going to be Teen or Mature because anyone younger shouldn't be playing something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played 12+/ Teen games when I was like 7. No harm done.

When 5-6 year olds play bionicles?? Crazy.

They're just being careful. A while back, games like Zelda: Ocarina of Time were rated lightly. Ocarina was rated E. I think it SHOULD have been E10. Because of the violence, and it was pretty scary. xDD
The only game I don't get the rating of is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Teen? Please. It's cartoony. xDD But whatever...

I mean... if a game has fighting in it, even if it's fake, it's going to be rated higher for something like Fantasy Violence. If it has a whole load of swearing, it's going to be Teen or Mature because anyone younger shouldn't be playing something like that.
Omg yes Dx Ocarina of time was FREAKY! Especially the redeads! they be scary xD

Also i agree with the smash bros thing. It should be rated E not T

i was just talking about this a couple of days ago!

and what about board games? othello is for people 8+, yet i played it before i was 8. maybe, it's because of how addicting it is? or what the younger kids believe that it can happen in real life? yeah, a little kid would believe that he could catch a pokemon outside with just a ball.

AND THE ESRB THING WAS CREATED BY PARENTS. AND MY PARENTS LET ME PLAY TEEN GAMES. :/

I don't believe in video games influencing kids.

If the kids are that weak minded, and moral less. Then it's their fault.

I play a bunch of video games, and I didn't turn that crazy.

Omg yes Dx Ocarina of time was FREAKY! Especially the redeads! they be scary xD

Also i agree with the smash bros thing. It should be rated E not T
So true. xDD But, people don't rate video games by how scary they are... x3 Redeads stop my heart. o_x

The rating doesn't matter. Just because something's rated R and youre like an 8 year old, doesnt mean you can't play it. It's just whether your parents let you play it or not.

I cant see why they put those stupid ratings on some of those games but i can see why on shadow the hedgehog because if anyone remembers i do recall him cussing alot!!!! and the legend of zelda tp it was for the blood which i never saw any and who cares anyway it is virtual blood!!!! give me a break!!!!!! and on digimon games they put a t rating on them because it has mildcartoon violence thatisso stupid though!!!.

I think i know why they suck.

pokemon collesum: Its rated 12+! WTH?!? its pokemon for effen sakes!!!

nicktoons battle for volcano island: its rated 3+?! that game is so freaking scary i tell you! little kids souldn't play that game! the music will creep kids out, the sence im scared of were some random player goes into a machine wicth is the most disterbing part of the game!

i know how it started, though. the game "doom" (for some sega system) was so violent to parents that they had to make a rating on the game. if they hadn't, games wouldn't have a rating.

I mean, games are rated badly these days. For instance, Sonic and the black knight is rated 12+... BECAUSEE IT HAS SWORDS IN IT.Shadow the hedgehog is rated 12+ for guns.

Twilight princess- same issue as Sonic and the black knight..

Sonic the hedgehog 2006 (oh and idiots who think this is the worst game ever will die now) was rated 12+ for.. NO APPARENT REASON?

Even Neopets: The darkest faerie is rated 10+! I mean, its NEOPETS!!

Why can't we have properly rated games like the Klonoa series from Lunatea until Dream champ tournament? I dunno what the wii remake of Phantomille's rating is, though.
yay! someone on tamatalk actually knows about the darkest faerie!

one of the little boys at school said that he wants to play it but it's 10 and up (he's 9) and he said that tor has an evil sword... (you start with a wooden sword!)

all I can think of is that some of the scenes are a little scary... but not "AHHHHH!!!!!!!! OMIGAWD!!!!!!" scary. it's dumb that they rated it 10+...

:(

They rate things appropriately for them to not be sued by psychotic parents.

The ratings may seem stupid to you, but that's how they are. They aren't law, and you don't have to abide by them(unless you have one of the above mentioned psychotic parents).

They have to be rated a certain way so they can protect themselves from being sued. Every company does it in one way or another.

Well, I do actually think that some games aren't rated too well, but I think Shadow the Hedgehog was given the 12+ rating by PEGI because it contained swearing (and if you look on the back of the it, there are logos that tell you there is swearing and violence in it). However, I would also like to say that if there is a paticular series of games that need to given a higher rating by PEGI, it's the Ratchet and Clank games(Not because there are guns, but because of...certain references and the fact that Captain Qwark swears at Ratchet in the first game during a boss battle and also tries to kill him). A game that I think should be given a lower rating y PEGI is Sonic Mega Collection Plus. 12+? This is a complation of the games I played with my sister when I was a kid, which I stopped for about ten years and went back to. Why give it 12+?

Tama :p Phantom

The Halo Series should be rated T/12+

Tony Hawks UnderGround 2 Remix should be a M17+/18+

Super Smash Bros. Brawl should be E10+.(Wow i'm punching how violent...ooh aww)

Smackdown vs Raw 2009 should be E10+(Uh Oh im cussing...how illegal. Aaaah.

Grand Theft Auto 3 should be T(Cmon no sexual content no gangs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back