INCEPTION

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true, about your reality comment. The thing is though, it was his wife's totem. So wouldn't that make it completely unreliable for him? If he was in the real world, why were his kids wearing the same thing and were in the exact same position as he last remembered them? I dunno, just something I was thinking about. It's most certainly one of my favorites as well. :)
Cobbs wedding ring was actually his rue totem. While he wears his wedding ring, he is dreaming. We he's in reality, he's not wearing it. In the ending scene, he's not wearing a wedding ring.

Plus, even though his top totem used to be his wife's, she's dead. I don't think that would alter it's reliability because no living person has touched it/used it.

Cobbs wedding ring was actually his rue totem. While he wears his wedding ring, he is dreaming. We he's in reality, he's not wearing it. In the ending scene, he's not wearing a wedding ring.
Plus, even though his top totem used to be his wife's, she's dead. I don't think that would alter it's reliability because no living person has touched it/used it.
True about the wedding ring, my boyfriend and I were discussing it a few days ago. Definitely a possibility. Also, regarding Mal's totem, I wasn't saying that it was unreliable for him because of the reason you stated (that just because no living person's touched/used it doesn't mean it's unreliable) but simply because the totem belonged to her, not him. It has nothing to do with whether or not she is alive. Like they said when explaining totems, only the bearer of the totem knows it's unique properties to a T and so it would not serve others well when trying to distinguish between dreams and reality.

Saw it a couple weeks back and loved it :)
Glad you got to go and see it! I'm most likely going to take a friend who hasn't seen the movie yet to go see it. So it'll be my fourth time seeing this. XD I know, I'm strange. :p

That is true, about your reality comment. The thing is though, it was his wife's totem. So wouldn't that make it completely unreliable for him? If he was in the real world, why were his kids wearing the same thing and were in the exact same position as he last remembered them? I dunno, just something I was thinking about. It's most certainly one of my favorites as well. :(
The kids did have the same clothing, but their shoes had changed.

I have seen it. I did like it, although I was extremely tired when I went to go see it and I think that kind of sparked a slight lack of interest/understanding about what was going on. And it didn't help that it was about dreams. lD

I definitely thought that the story line was very creative. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen it. I did like it, although I was extremely tired when I went to go see it and I think that kind of sparked a slight lack of interest/understanding about what was going on. And it didn't help that it was about dreams. lD
I definitely thought that the story line was very creative. :)
Glad you got to go see it! I think it's funny and ironic how some people are sleepy/fall asleep while watching this movie. I can see it happening though, it is quite a long movie. Indeed, when I took my family to go see it (this was my 3rd time :angry: ), there's was someone sleeping quite soundly in the seat next to my dad. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back