Infrared Downloads

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatareyoutalkingabout

Reaction score
So I just received my Tamagotchi Ps in the mail, and I really like it so far. But I was wondering, what is the easiest way to get the downloadable items/games/English patch/etc? I know there are older cell phones with infrared capabilities as well as USB to infrared adapters. Which would be the easiest to use and the most inexpensive? Also, besides amazon/ebay/etc, is there a store that would sell something I could use for downloads? And when you download things (such as characters), do they stay on your tama forever? Sorry, that was so many questions lol. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, people with IR capable cellphones have an easier time with sending items. There isn't a specific model I would recommend because it isn't like NFC that has several versions. Any cellphone with Infrared would do. I have an IrDA USB and, although it works, I have a hard time sending items over for both P's and iDL. For the downloads, they won't be deleted unless you delete them manually or reset the device and start with a new generation. Continuing a generation would retain the downloaded items. (Ex. When changing batteries, as long as you continue, the downloaded items are still there.) Hope this helps!

As far as I know, people with IR capable cellphones have an easier time with sending items. There isn't a specific model I would recommend because it isn't like NFC that has several versions. Any cellphone with Infrared would do. I have an IrDA USB and, although it works, I have a hard time sending items over for both P's and iDL. For the downloads, they won't be deleted unless you delete them manually or reset the device and start with a new generation. Continuing a generation would retain the downloaded items. (Ex. When changing batteries, as long as you continue, the downloaded items are still there.) Hope this helps!
Thank you! If I were to find an old phone with IR capabilities, how would I get the downloads on there?

Thank you! If I were to find an old phone with IR capabilities, how would I get the downloads on there?
Usually, you would have to import the downloads from the PC to the phone. The downloads come in JPEG so they're in pictures. You would have to open the gallery and find the option to send the pictures through infrared.

Usually, you would have to import the downloads from the PC to the phone. The downloads come in JPEG so they're in pictures. You would have to open the gallery and find the option to send the pictures through infrared.
So I would need a Infrared USB port and an infrared phone?

There are many ways,for example:

•Sending the pictures to your phone with IR capabilities with bluetooth(If you saved the files on a laptop)

or

•You download the pictures on your smartphone(if you have one) and send them with bluetooth to your phone with IR capabilities

or

•you connect the old phone with an USB cable to your computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back