*Insert Title Here*

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachi

Reaction score
Ok, I have NEVER EVER tried to seriously write a book. But this one won't stay in my head, and I fear that if I don't let out, it will try and force its way out of my ears, and I do not need another ear infection. So. Here I go. But first I should probably give you some background information. This story takes place in a futuristic world where there are many different races, and many different planets. Now I know that time gets a little weird when you stick space travel in, but I don't know anything about the physics that make that happen, so I'm just going to ignore that fact. Please don't attack me about it. Another thing you should know is that there are small creatures called Kendri, and they live in large groups, until they bond with someone, and then they move in with that person. They are small, about kitten sized, and they have four wings, two big ones and two smaller ones, used mostly for flying. They like to sit on their bond's shoulders, and have tiny claws to help them stay perched..This story is mostly about one Kendri in particular who goes and breaks some rules...

Planet Nir, 1000 years ago

The great flying kingdom of Skylara was crashing down into the sea. On a distant beach, the kendri refugees watched as their ancestral home sank into the depths. Their queen watched with sad eyes, as her people stood dumbstruck in the dawn light on the sand. She closed her eyes and thought back to how this had all started, when enemies from a distant planet had entered the atmosphere and laid siege to her home. But Skylara was not equipped for a battle of such size, and within the first month they had lost control of the outer city. Their enemies had advanced inward, moving towards the central spire, which housed both the royal family and the main controls for the incredible technology that kept the city floating. She had done all she could to halt their advance, but their numbers were too great. As a last effort, she had gathered all the survivors (we lost so many, she thought sadly) and transfered all control of the city to one key, the pendant around her neck, and they fled. Once everyone was safely out, she gave one final command to the computers deep within the city: shut down. The mechanisms that held the city aloft cut out, and the kingdom plunged into the sea, taking their enemies- and the power they came to control- along with it.

She opened her eyes, letting the tears escape, knowing that her unborn child would never know, and never could, about their hidden legacy beneath the sea. Skylara would become a lost legend, deep beneath the waves...

Planet Nir, 80 years ago

The massive robots marched, uncaring, over everything in their path. High explosives ignited, and took out a large portion of their numbers, and still they marched on through the destruction, beneath the thundering sky. Lightening arced downward, and an individual robot was struck; it flew backwards, and lay unmoving in the rubble, while the other robots continued to march towards their doom...

Planet Nir, present day

"...and they defeated the robot army and won the War of Fire in... Panda, are you even listening?"

A young female kendri rolled onto her stomach, sprawling herself across a part of the large bed they were sitting on. She took a deep breath, then sighed, blowing the air out over her black front paws splayed in front of her. "No...?"

"Panda! The exams are next week, we have to study!" Panda's friend, a yellow kendri with black stripes, narrowed her eyes and glared at her. "How do you plan on passing without studying?"

"But Bee, history is so boring. Why do I have to learn this stuff, anyway?" Panda played with the blue pendant around her neck, which she had worn since... well, for as long as she could remember.

"Because it's on the- oh, why do I even bother? All you want to do is read about those ancient legends some more!" Lemonbee, nicknamed for her stripes and fondness for lemon drops, threw the small holo-board, still displaying the facts of the War of Fire, at her friend's head.

"Ow."

"Hey, no throwing holo-boards!" Shireen, Lemonbee's human bond, walked through the door to her bedroom, where the two kendri were studying. "Those things are expensive. Got you some more lemon drops, Bee."

"Ooh, goody!" Lemonbee hopped into the air, and flew over to Shireen, landing on the girls shoulder. "Glad you're back!"

Panda looked at the two. Lemonbee had lived with her and several other kendri at a Kendri House, where orphaned kendri lived until they bonded and could move in with their bond, until about two months ago, when she bonded with Shireen and moved into her house. She now had sky blue eyes, perfectly matching Shireen's. Panda's were still the silvery gray of an unbonded kendri. "You're so lucky."

"Why?" asked Lemonbee, looking back at her friend.

"You don't have to share a bathroom with all those boys anymore!"

Lemonbee laughed, and Shireen made a grossed out face. "This is true," Said Lemonbee, and popped another lemon drop in her mouth.

Shireen glanced at the clock on her dresser. "Getting pretty late. You'd better start heading back, Panda, before you get in trouble again." She walked over to the window and opened it wide.

"Aw, alright. Bye Bee, Bye Shireen."

"See ya."

"Bye, Panda."

Panda hopped out the window and started to fly towards the Kendri House.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back