Interstate 35W bridge collapses

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Eyed Babe

Reaction score
(Frown cnn.com this is what it said)The entire span of the Interstate 35W bridge collapsed about 6:05 p.m.

A tractor-trailer caught fire, and flame and black smoke billowed into the sky.

Local television stations captured video of injured people being carried up the riverbank.

There was no official word on injuries, but dozens of rescue vehicles were there.

Divers were also in the water.

Some people were stranded on parts of the bridge that aren't completely in the water.

So there i was sitting on the couch waiting for so you think you can dance and last comic standing to come on finally! i love these shows..." Breaking news, bridge 35W collapses without reason" " During rush hour in a big city"

When i heard them say it, i couldn't even imagine it.

So you think, oh its just a bridge that fell bid deal... well actually its a huge deal. The scary thing is, it was in rush hour and the bridge is so big, every part of it collapsed. They showed the bridge from a birds eye view on tv, and they showed how some cars were underwater. Cars were piled on top of each other, and cars were on fire too. There was so much smoke. Lots of construction workers were there and they were repainting the concrete( i think). Lots of people were injured, and some died.

They interviewed some people and they said the ground was just pulled out from underneath their feet( and cars) and that they just were falling. I feel really bad for the little kids that were in the cars, and all the people that died. I wish i could do something. It was on for days and almost all the newscasters said this is one of the biggest things that happened in Minnesota history.

I hope you read my first post, even though it looks really long, i want all tamatalkers to know what happened. I am so lucky my dad doesn't go over that bridge to drive home from work. This is like the busiest interstates in Minnesota. First of all it's in Minneapolis/ St. Paul, the biggest two cities in Minnesota. It's at the end of the Mississippi River.

I am so shocked

My family was in the area when it collapsed- they could have used that route but luckily didn't. I've actualy gone over it oodles of times.

Thank God half of it was closed for construction.

It's very sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
tamaw/ pants im sorry if i yelled at you before, but anyways im glad they didnt choose that route

You yelled at me? It's ok, I don't even know when you yelled at me. o.o; I guess I'm just used to people yelling at me so I don't even notice! xD Just kidding.

Back on topic... i can't even explain how much damage and how many people were effected by this. Oh and i forgot to say, nobody really knows how the bridge collapsed, or what caused it to break.

Actualy they've been saying it had to do with stress fractures so they have an idea [last I heard anyways].

Last edited by a moderator:
well i mean, some people think that like its a small bridge but its not, it was HUGE and every part of it broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back