iPod. . . freezing

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Wildheart~

Reaction score
Ok so whenever I try to play a song on my iPod, it NEVER plays. I'll go to my playlist, pick a random song, like "Freckles" by Natasha Bedingfield and it'll show up how it normally does when it plays. Except, even if it says play at the top, it doesn't play. It just. . . sits there xP.

I've tried turning it off for a long time, synching it to my comp again and it won't work.

Help?

This happened to me once. What you do is hold down the menu button and the little button in the middle until it shuts off. Then turn it on again, and everything is all better :]

This happened to me once. What you do is hold down the menu button and the little button in the middle until it shuts off. Then turn it on again, and everything is all better :]
that would be called "resetting" which can be dangerous if your iPod has been frozen for a long time, say a week. I reset mine after it froze and found that my pictures were erased-ola.

When this happened to my iPod, I plugged it into my laptop, brought up iTunes, & then from iTunes I restored my iPod to factory settings, which wiped everything off my iPod... D:

& guess what? I managed to turn it on, & the 'scrolling-wheel thingy' didn't work.

So, don't restore your iPod to factory settings, it doesn't do anything. xD

So then, I turned to Google. I typed in my iPod problem, & then this website told me to plug my iPod into my laptop, bring up iTunes, & see if there were any updates I needed to download to my iPod. Funnily enough, there was, so I updated my iPod, turned it on...

& guess what? It worked! xDD The updating actually worked.

So, plug your iPod into iTunes, & if there are any updates you need to update, download them, it might fix it.

If there are no updates, you could try restoring to factory settings, but it may result in no improvements, & it will wipe all your songs off, so that's up to you to try. :]

I really hope this fixes your iPod. :]

~ Bethiee. :]

throw it agaisnt the wall untill it decides to start working

haha my dad read that online and told me that it works.

throwing it accross the room does work sometimes, amazingly, but it may break it.

:mellow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back