Iraq Fight

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tama-Marissa

Reaction score
Should the Marines be fighting in Iraq right now?

It is senseless to have People in Iraq right now. I should know because, MY DAD IS IN IRAQ RIGHT NOW! Can't the people just rebuild by themself, the terroist are gone! I want my dad back home... this war is sensless!

* Moved to Seriously Non TamaTalk *

What is senseless about having forces in a country that the US invaded?

It is responsible ... helping keep the peace and helping rebuild a country with the ppl of Iraq who want a better future?

The terrorists are not gone :furawatchi:

I can understand why you want your Dad home and I'll bet he would love to be home, but if you asked him to abandon his job responsibilities and his profession, do you think he would do it?

I'm not into politics but honestly I believe we should be there.

Number one, pulling out now -forgetting whether it was the right or wrong thing to do to begin with- could be catastrophic. We've seen in history where we pull out our troops and then we get smacked real hard right after that. We still have troops over in Germany and that was many decades ago. When we pulled out of Japan I think [maybe it was Germany... yeah, I think it was Germany] look what happened.

And rebuilding a country is really hard. Look at America- we were under the articles for a long time and then we said, uh, this isn't working. We were very unstable for a long period of time and not all the terrorists are gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only are we protecting our country by being there...we are also helping them rebuild THEIR country. If we just hauled out after we invaded, the decent civillians would be left in the lurch. They cannot rebuild themselves without aid, and that's a big part of what we are doing over there. The vast majority of the Iraqi people appreciate our troops' efforts.

I also have several family members in the military, and none of them have any regrets about being a part of what's happening there today.

It all may SEEM like a big jumble, but by being there we are helping rebuild and and keep peace. If we just suddenly pulled out it would be like 'um..ookay..' and even though people have the arguement of 'oh well there aren't any nuclear weapons there, WHY are we still there?!' they're there for a good cause and reason.

And, yes, there are definitely still terrorists out there. For example, we don't even know where Osama Bin Laden is...and he's a terrorist.

And I would feel the same way if I were you about my dad :eek: , but I would also consider the fact that he's there because he cares for our world...and that he has a job to do.

♥ Chatterbox

Unfortunately, the terrorists are not gone. Our troops (your father!) are helping to keep both our country (and many other countries!) safe, and at the same time helping Iraq rebuild itself. We also can't just leave. That would be giving up, on both keeping the world safe and giving up on helping Iraq.

I am extremely happy your father is kind enough to help protect our country. He is helping to save many lives and he is a hero.

Tama, I bet its hard for your dad to be in the war, but Look at it: The world is Now all about War,Power and Money. If you have to kill someone to get a few dollars now, You cant, but they still do it.

Look at it, People are Helping Afganastan/Iraq because they are friends. Allies. If We just left them now, they wont help us when we're under attack. Its a dog-eat-dog world out there. If Dont get your share,You kill. Murders.

Just think:Imagine you were being attacked and your friend help you get out of there. A few months later, your friend is attacked. You dont help. They die. You Mourn about it, and the attacker is blamed. He/She isent the only person resobnsable. You are too, thats how it works in the world now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back