Is it just me, or...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kishu Inu

Reaction score
I know Tamatalk is supposed to be a place where everyone can feel at home and such, being friendly, but when it comes to rating another person's piece of art it's insane.

Tamatalk ain't an art site or anything, but they can really mislead people in their work. You could post one of the worst stories you had ever written, and you'd get at least 10 peoples going: "Awesome!!! 10/10! ;) ".

Concrit is hard to come by here, I've noticed.

Just saying.

omg i've turned into a marshmallow

jk lol

Yeah i have kind of noticed that. Some people post a story that is confusing and has a bad plot and there is a post that says:

"that was awesome! I loved it! Write more pleaaaaaaase! It was really easy to follow!"

I have noticed that.

People generally don't like to face the truth, and the risk of hurting someone else's feelings is too much, I suppose. That's why I definitely have some haters on here. I'm pretty much just brutally honest.

Tamatalk is very diverse- we have more experienced artists and we those with less experience. Some people can take harsh critism and some others can't. Some people are more sensitive and that's okay. You just have to roll with their levels of sensitivity or don't post at all.

You can give concrit in a polite manner by pointing out one or two nice things about the piece and giving advice on other points not so great. You don't have to kiss up but you [speaking generally] don't have to act like you're THE critic of stone who has no sensitivity what so ever.

There's a balance. If you can't find a way to give good crit. without pounding them into the ground instead of helping to build them up, then you should post about it at all. ;]

I never thought constructive criticism was the answer. Why?

The author would start a flame war. Don't worry. I went there.

I do hate that. But what I hate more is when people scream and throw tempertantrums if you give crit. Just saying. Maybe people want to avoid that. xP

I don't know. I haven't noticed it that much. :/

I mean I give constructive criticism.

I haven't looked at the art and all that stuff but as an artist i am brutally honest with art and that's that xP

I hate when people patronize people and just tell them everything they make is great even if it isn't. Constructive critism can be a great help to artist :3

... and some members really do just like simple, easy to read stories or pictures that appeal to them as regular kids - not as "would be" artists / authors ....

There are lots of different ages and abilities on this site... no one should lose sight of the fact that what might appear lame to a 14yr old, may seem great to an 11yr old :unsure:

There's nothing cool about posting harsh comments - especially when they're thinly disguised as "constructive criticism"
True constructive criticism is objective, informative and comprehensive - you have to make sure that what you're posting is clear / understandable to the person you're criticising (not just to you) and - as per the site rules of TamaTalk - any con crit posted on this site has to be polite / respectful ...

My existance on almost every forum i've been on has gone down in flames via being honest about art xP

so i quit on reviewing art xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back