is it just me?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doglover10

Reaction score
ok one time whe i went to my friends house and my dad told me to be back by five, i was back by 5:10 and he gave me a 2 hour lecture about how i need to be home on time and he hast to trust me, then after i thought it was all over my parents brought me into the kitchen to have ANOUTHER 2 hour talk, then later i went ice skating with my friend and before that my mom said(and i quote) "you should dress warm, you no, like gloves and a scarf and all that stuff" (even thought its not that cold in the ice rink my mom is protective) so i was like 'ok" and so when i left i wore pants and i comfy jacket, then when i got home my mom seemed all mad wile i was talking to her i asked her if she was ok and she said "well when i told you to wear gloves and a scarf it was kind of a test to see if you could handle it and i need to know if i can trst you to do what i say wich i guess i cant....." and anouther 2 hours of talking went by and i was grounded

because i didnt wear gloves and a scarf <_<

i think its ok for parents to be protective but is it just me or have my parents gone off the deep end

I know how you feel i deleted some of my contacts in my phone and my mom sreamed at me so loud it made me cry and then she yelled at me becuse she thought i had no rites to delete contacts in my own freakin phone that day i was soooooooo pi**ed

I wouldn't worry, what would happen if something happened to you in that 10 minutes? You could've been hurt.

But then again, your parents are just entering a 'phase' where they feel like you aren't ready to go on your own. Just consider it a 'gift' when you grow up, you'll thank them y'know. :gozarutchi:

That's just silly but then again there only caring about you I don't think punishment was necessary but I guess they just care.

Parents. Are. Dumb.

They're never fair, and....ugh, they're just dumb.

xx

They aren't being overly protective. They just want to make sure you're safe, and if you aren't home on time they might get worried. I mean, you could have been in danger in those 10 minutes.

Anyways, if it is still bothering you, you should talk to them about it. :)

If they are going to be that way, just treat them like your boss. Do what they say.

It is important to be punctual. Get to where you are expected to be on time if not earlier. Maybe they are not fashionably late kind of people.

I don't know what their deal is with the gloves. She calls it a trust issue? Ok fine, treat her like the boss again. Just bring the stuff. You don't have to use it. :D

Soon enough, you will be the kid they used to have. Keep that in mind.

Some parents are somewhat strict. Maybe they have their reasons. I'm sure you will be strict when you have kids your age especically if you have a girl.

Oh trust me, I know what it's like! I was 2 minutes late!! 2 minutes! and I was grounded! Just not to mention I was accross the street at my best friends house, who he knows super well cause we liked lived together pretty much, but he still grounded me! It was crazy. But 10 minutes is kind of pushing it a little, not a 2 hour lecture type though.

ok one time whe i went to my friends house and my dad told me to be back by five, i was back by 5:10 and he gave me a 2 hour lecture about how i need to be home on time and he hast to trust me, then after i thought it was all over my parents brought me into the kitchen to have ANOUTHER 2 hour talk, then later i went ice skating with my friend and before that my mom said(and i quote) "you should dress warm, you no, like gloves and a scarf and all that stuff" (even thought its not that cold in the ice rink my mom is protective) so i was like 'ok" and so when i left i wore pants and i comfy jacket, then when i got home my mom seemed all mad wile i was talking to her i asked her if she was ok and she said "well when i told you to wear gloves and a scarf it was kind of a test to see if you could handle it and i need to know if i can trst you to do what i say wich i guess i cant....." and anouther 2 hours of talking went by and i was grounded
because i didnt wear gloves and a scarf :angry:

i think its ok for parents to be protective but is it just me or have my parents gone off the deep end
Your parents of course seem quite protective, but I think they've gone a little too far. If you're about my age (14), give or take a year or two, then I think your parents just do not accept that you're growing up, and should realize you deserve more freedom.

It could be worse. at least your parents don't ground you because they called you a name.

I know most parents arnt like that, but I think their okay. Not as bad as it could be.

Last edited by a moderator:
No they're not being unreasonable. They gave you a set of rules to follow and you didn't. So I wouldn't blame them if they yelled at you. They're your parental authority figures and you should treat them with respect and listen to what they tell you to do because they know what's best for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back