Is it wrong Just to be a goth?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a guy, and to tell you the truth [because I never lie on forums and such], I am scared of gothic people :wacko: no offence, but I think it's so scarry that they are always depressed [sp?] and worship all these weird things from the grim reaper to the devil- but beauty is only skin deep- and anything deeper is entirely different. so I say do what you want, but don't sharpen your teeth like fangs and start worshiping a golden cow. :nazotchi:

@CTF@

goth.mhhhh.well dont listen to your friend shes just .saying that just because your goth dosnt mean your weird.i have alot of really good (perfctley normal)goth friends =]

so dont be sad=]my mum always says it doesnt matter what you look like on the outside ..just ne the inside =]

There's nothing wrong with being goth and saying you are doesn't under any circumstances make you a "mental weirdo"

I don't believe in labelling myself, I'm just me, but you are who you are and who am I to stop you? Who are your friends to stop you from doing what you want?

It's not endangering your life... It's not like you're playing with fireworks, right? Then you're fine, don't listen to them.

There's nothing wrong with you =]

If you are comfortable with yourself, there is nothing wrong with being a goth, or whatever you want to be. It's inside what matters, not how you dress. I watch the Amazing Race, and this season there is a team of dating goths. I don't know if you're like them, but to me, they just dres differently and express themselves. And they seem totally normal. Like I said, it's you and your personality that really matters.

I'm a guy, and to tell you the truth [because I never lie on forums and such], I am scared of gothic people :furawatchi: no offence, but I think it's so scarry that they are always depressed [sp?] and worship all these weird things from the grim reaper to the devil- but beauty is only skin deep- and anything deeper is entirely different. so I say do what you want, but don't sharpen your teeth like fangs and start worshiping a golden cow. :furawatchi:
@CTF@
I think it's thoughts and assumptions like that, that make wearing a lot of black have a really negative image.

I've met people who wore gothic attire before and they're decent people. I think Goth can come in many forms from just clothing to state of mind, to whatever the individual wants it to be. So narrowing them all down to worshipping satan really shows a person's ignorance on the whole thing.

So really Goth is whatever the person wants it to be whether it be clothes or more. If it makes you feel good and doesn't do you any harm, I honestly got no beef with wearing lots of dark clothes. I like wearing black sometimes because it's more slimming and looks good on me too :)

I'm Kinda of a goth as I dress mostly black though I dont show it on here....
Anyway, is it wrong to be a goth? My friends think i'm a mental weirdo. What do you say?
Um....NO. I'm goth. My friends are goth. Goths are the coolest. They're really passionate people, and they are actually fun to be around, if they like you.

If people are calling you goth, just take it as a compliment, or if you don't like it...hit them, man. I've been called "super goth" about a zillion times. (But, I don't have a problem with it. I'd just hug the crap out of them.)

And I personally think that being a mental weirdo is a good thing. So, I wouldn't take it as an insult. But that's just me.

Also, if your friends call you weird, they're most likely not friends who would support you later on in life. Find friends who like you for who you are.

No, it is not wrong to be a goth.

Everyone has different personalities, likes, dislikes, etc.

If someone says, "HEY! That is ugly. YOU'RE MENTAL!" to you, then just ignore them. No one can change your opinion ;]

Some people automaticly think goths are "weirdos" just because they dress a certain way, or they are scared goths will beat them up.

My best piece of advice is to stick up for yourself when those people come along. :)

Anyway, is it wrong to be a goth? My friends think i'm a mental weirdo. What do you say?
It's not wrong to be a goth. In our society, being goth/punk/emo/something may just mean being yourself. That's good.

I think it was because I only got black highlights yesterday.
If you got black highlights do they really highlight the hair? Sorry just a little random half funny thing that popped into my head.

Well I don't think there's anything "wrong" with it. If that's how you want to be then you should be. What I dislike about Goths isn't the Goths themselves but how people act about them. Because of this other people then think the same as other people and so a ridiculous reaction occurs. Swat for instence I do not believe is bad. I mean there can be sometimes when a person goes to far but other times. Most of the time when a person is called a swat that person is just a harder work than the idiot that said it and is trying to do something with thier life. It makes me madhow you hove to "cool" or something.

Of course being goth is not wrong! I'm one myself. If the dare do call you a mental weirdo then tell them to stuff off :huh:

Aslong as your don't mind people looking at u funny

Of course it's not wrong, well- only you can be the judge of that. :furawatchi:

Do you think that being a goth is wrong?

I don't- just as long as you don't change your self and allways have the same personality then that's fine.

If you wanted to change your personality- or yourself to fit in with a certain group I don't agree, you should be able to join that group being yourself. <3

No I don't think that! It's your choice what you want to be in life and no one else's. I'm fine with gothic people,in fact,one of my best friend's a goth! But of course,I'm kinda emo and they're almost the same thing.

Of course it's not wrong, well- only you can be the judge of that. :p
Do you think that being a goth is wrong?

I don't- just as long as you don't change your self and allways have the same personality then that's fine.

If you wanted to change your personality- or yourself to fit in with a certain group I don't agree, you should be able to join that group being yourself. <3
-nodnod-

At first, I wanted to 'fit in' so I started liking a guy who is a self cenetered jerk, I started acting funny and everything. But sometimes, you just need someone to pull you back and say "Hey, when are you going to sit with your ex-friends at lunch?" and you know what? BEing different is way more fun.

So be who you want to be, just don't be your friends :p Thing is, they probably want to be like you.

There's alot of goths on tt anyway. I'm one and I think Nix666 is, I don't know. Anyway you're right, I mean goths are cool anyway people shouldn't make fun of you for your style.
At school I get called emo. I'm NOT emo (no offence to those who are, emos rock). Ok so MAYBE I have dark brown and purple hair with the bit over the eye and MAYBE I wear black and MAYBE I'm vegetarian but like blood and gore and MAYBE I cry quite alot-omg I think I am one :p
Yes, I am, I'm getting black & blue highlights for my b-day! *boogie*

So do I, I get called, punk, emo, goth, etc. I don't care, just because they think it's strange and would rather follow the crowd, I say, "At least I'm not a freaky follower like you. Baa, you're like sheep. Baa!" It, scares them... It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of you, as long as you're happy with who you are.

I dont think its wrong, I dress Emo/Punk and I love dressing that way! dont be affarid to be diffrent.

Oh my.

No. It is not wrong to dress goth.

It's like asking, 'Is it wrong to be yourself?'

And no. It's not.

=D

- xd3vilx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back