Is my Tamagotchi worth anything?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ekc

Reaction score
Hey! I just recently discovered a Tamagotchi from 2004 that I think could be rare. I haven't been able to find a photo of this design anywhere on the internet (could be because I'm from Aus).

Here's a pic:
IMG_9959.JPG IMG_9960.JPG

It looks like its a V1 release, the serial number is N2390.
Is this rare? And what might it be worth?

I have a similar query re this I found. Dated 200416808201146922432035872436836578.jpg

Attachments

• 1680820132449265561007901882202.jpg
    1680820132449265561007901882202.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I don't think the sticker has any real merit, here's a V3 with the same number.
That said, I couldn't find your Tama despite my hunt either. It could be super rare, it might just not be being listed at the moment. I'd say, simply because it's not listed anywhere at the moment, if you wanted to sell it, you could fetch a premium for a used Tama, but you need to be certain if it's a V1 or V2 before you list it because that alone will make some buyers run from your listing screaming in fear. If a seller doesn't fully know what something is, that attracts people like me, the bargain hunters, who will at least try to low-ball you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230411-121812_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230411-121812_eBay.jpg
    899.7 KB · Views: 0
I don't think the sticker has any real merit, here's a V3 with the same number.
That said, I couldn't find your Tama despite my hunt either. It could be super rare, it might just not be being listed at the moment. I'd say, simply because it's not listed anywhere at the moment, if you wanted to sell it, you could fetch a premium for a used Tama, but you need to be certain if it's a V1 or V2 before you list it because that alone will make some buyers run from your listing screaming in fear. If a seller doesn't fully know what something is, that attracts people like me, the bargain hunters, who will at least try to low-ball you.
That’s really helpful info, thanks for your response.

Do you know how to find out if it’s V2 or V1? From my research, it looks likely that it is a V1 based on similar designs but I’m not 100% certain. Is V1 more or less valuable than a V2?

Thanks!

That’s really helpful info, thanks for your response.

Do you know how to find out if it’s V2 or V1? From my research, it looks likely that it is a V1 based on similar designs but I’m not 100% certain. Is V1 more or less valuable than a V2?

Thanks!
It's not an either or in regards to which type of Tama is more valuable, there's a lot of nuance, more regarding things like the condition, how desperate the seller is to offload it, how many people would want to buy it, how rare the specific shell is, etc.
BUT you'll need to know which yours is. Check the growth charts and hatch an egg- raise it up and aim for an exclusive character that's not on both devices. If you get that character, then, you'll know for certain.

Latest posts

Back