Is tamagotchi allowed on plane if i am already bringing two powerbanks?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm assuming you're bringing the modern color tamas on a plane? If so, I don't see how it would be any different than someone bringing a handheld gaming console, and I've never had any issue with that. After all, there's no limit to how many phones/tablets etc you can bring on a plane as far as I'm aware. 

I am bringing those that can be chargeable and as far of what i know i can only bring two power banks due to the mAh in it.But including the tamagotchi which also includes mAh i am not sure if i can bring it along with my two power banks.Thanks for your help by the way.

A Tamagotchi does not natively contain anything that outputs energy, so the milliamp-hour (mAh) measurement does not apply to them.

To date, no Tamagotchis containing in-built rechargeable batteries exist - the monochrome devices use either 2x LR44 or 1x CR2032 each, and all of the colour devices that I know of use 2x AAA each.

Still, if you're concerned, this is something that you would have to check with your airline - we're just members of a fan-site, here, and we can't possibly know about airline regulations in detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Tamagotchi does not natively contain anything that outputs energy, so the milliamp-hour (mAh) measurement does not apply to them.

To date, no Tamagotchis containing in-built rechargeable batteries exist - the monochrome devices use either 2x LR44 or 1x CR2032 each, and all of the colour devices that I know of use 2x AAA each.
Yup, @Penguin-keeper is right. But if you're really worried about it you could always take the tamas without the batteries, and buy the batteries when you get to your destination. 

Also, it goes without saying but if you're putting your tamas in your checked baggage be sure to remove the batteries first! While some airlines don't mind it, many do as it can be potentially dangerous.

I've never had problems with any of my Tamas on planes. I've flown to Japan, Portugal, and Cuba with at least one. Treat it like a normal electronic device, but even then IDR if I took them out of my bag at screenings, you can just to be safe. 

I just fixed spelling mistakes. Dumb fingers.

• @Penguin-keeper when i mean chargeable i do not mean chargeable batteries wheres i meant like those tamagotchi which can be charge directly like phones .I appreciate everyone's help tho! :p
  • Oh and by the way i am new here and my tamagotchi is those fake one sorry if it insults you somehow as you are a tamagotchi lover but it is those that can have the language function of English and Chinese as of course i cant read Japanese Haha  :D and cant afford to buy a super expensive tamagotchi(usually 100 plus dollar here.) but i am very interested in it  and would want to learn more about it.(Will show you guys my tamagotchi if have the time to post)
  • Last but not least,any tamagotchi recommendations?
  • :puroperatchi: Thanks for everyone's help:)

https://shopee.sg/👶HelloBaby-Cartoon-Electronic-Pet-Game-Machine-Handheld-Virtual-Pet-Toy-Birthday-Gift-for-Kids-i.235316985.7238245641

Sorry i cant upload a pic because too big and here is the link of an example of my type of tamagotchi

download.jpeg

• @Penguin-keeper when i mean chargeable i do not mean chargeable batteries wheres i meant like those tamagotchi which can be charge directly like phones .I appreciate everyone's help tho! :p
A device that can be charged directly contains a rechargeable battery, which is why I used the term "in-built rechargeable batteries". ;)

There's no such thing as a chargeable Tamagotchi at this time, though. To date, Bandai has never made such a thing.

• Oh and by the way i am new here and my tamagotchi is those fake one sorry if it insults you somehow as you are a tamagotchi lover but it is those that can have the language function of English and Chinese as of course i cant read Japanese Haha  :D and cant afford to buy a super expensive tamagotchi(usually 100 plus dollar here.) but i am very interested in it  and would want to learn more about it.(Will show you guys my tamagotchi if have the time to post)
Tamagotchi is the brand-name of one of Bandai's flagship lines of virtual pets (their other one is Digimon) - it isn't a generic term for any type of virtual pet. This is why nobody knew what you meant when you talked about a Tamagotchi "including mAh". ;)

Clarity is very important when you're asking questions about airline safety regulations that are in place to protect people from potential dangers.

Anyway, I'm a grown adult who's been playing with these types of devices for about two thirds of my life, on and off, and I respect that some folks find bootleg and generic devices to be of interest for various reasons, and the fact that they can add some much-needed weirdness to a collection. I'm an enthusiast for the virtual pet toy-category in general, not some sort of militant, and I'm not going to be insulted by what other people choose to buy. :p

Again, you really need to check this stuff with your airline - they have regulations about devices containing rechargeable batteries for a reason.

This picture shows a Q-Pet Colour/Q-Pet Qolor.

There's no such thing as a chargeable Tamagotchi at this time, though. To date, Bandai has never made such a thing.

Tamagotchi is the brand-name of one of Bandai's flagship lines of virtual pets (their other one is Digimon) - it isn't a generic term for any type of virtual pet. This is why nobody knew what you meant when you talked about a Tamagotchi "including mAh". ;)

Clarity is very important when you're asking questions about airline safety regulations that are in place to protect people from potential dangers.

Anyway, I'm a grown adult who's been playing with these types of devices for about two thirds of my life, on and off, and I respect that some folks find bootleg and generic devices to be of interest for various reasons, and the fact that they can add some much-needed weirdness to a collection. I'm an enthusiast for the virtual pet toy-category in general, not some sort of militant, and I'm not going to be insulted by what other people choose to buy. :p

Again, you really need to check this stuff with your airline - they have regulations about devices containing rechargeable batteries for a reason.

This picture shows a Q-Pet Colour/Q-Pet Qolor.
Oh know i understand.I thought all virtual pets are called tamagotchi and i am new so i do not know much about it.

A device that can be charged directly contains a rechargeable battery, which is why I used the term "in-built rechargeable batteries". ;)
Sorry i am very bad in English and have limited knowledge .Anyways,I am quite young and there is a lot for me to learn😜

Latest posts

Back