Is the tamagotchi pix worth it?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dearyymeg

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a tamagotchi pix but was really wondering, is the pix really worth it?

On Amazon, I see a mixture of reviews. There’s no in between good or bad. So, I came here to ask you guys if it really is worth it?
Thank you

I will advise you to search on youtube and watch videos of people reviews and see if it’s something you would enjoy or not.

Okay, thanks! I was kind of stupid and just bought it without thinking.. TwT It's arriving tomorrow so I guess I own a pix now.. lol

Hello, in addition to what iAM says you, you can have a look at some TamaTalk threads.

One that helped me in my decision on which one to buy was this one:
https://www.tamatalk.com/threads/meets-on-vs-pix.200453/
I spent almost a month thinking about which Tamagotchi with colour screen to buy. In the end I decided for Pix and I don't regret it at all!

If what you want is that tamas have a couple, that they have eggs or mix genetics I don't think Pix is what you are looking for.

On the other hand, if what you want is an experience closer to the classic Tamagotchi but updated to modern times and with a colour screen, it might be to your liking!

The Pix doesn't use infrared or bluetooth connections, it doesn't have an app to interact. Everything works without an associated server because it works through QR codes.

Some of the negative things about the Pix:

-Pix uses AAA batteries. The battery life is very short, so it is recommended to use rechargeable batteries (they are cheap and easy to find to buy)

-It is a lesser evil but sometimes the touch control of the buttons fails. Especially at the beginning until you get used to how to press the buttons so that the Tamagotchi recognises your touch. Once mastered the buttons it will be easy to handle.

Regarding the opinions you have found on the Internet. The best thing to do is to try it out and draw your own conclusions.

I hope I have been able to help you and that you enjoy your new acquisition which, if I have not read correctly, will arrive tomorrow!
Regards

Hello, in addition to what iAM says you, you can have a look at some TamaTalk threads.

One that helped me in my decision on which one to buy was this one:
https://www.tamatalk.com/threads/meets-on-vs-pix.200453/I spent almost a month thinking about which Tamagotchi with colour screen to buy. In the end I decided for Pix and I don't regret it at all!

If what you want is that tamas have a couple, that they have eggs or mix genetics I don't think Pix is what you are looking for.

On the other hand, if what you want is an experience closer to the classic Tamagotchi but updated to modern times and with a colour screen, it might be to your liking!

The Pix doesn't use infrared or bluetooth connections, it doesn't have an app to interact. Everything works without an associated server because it works through QR codes.

Some of the negative things about the Pix:

-Pix uses AAA batteries. The battery life is very short, so it is recommended to use rechargeable batteries (they are cheap and easy to find to buy)

-It is a lesser evil but sometimes the touch control of the buttons fails. Especially at the beginning until you get used to how to press the buttons so that the Tamagotchi recognises your touch. Once mastered the buttons it will be easy to handle.

Regarding the opinions you have found on the Internet. The best thing to do is to try it out and draw your own conclusions.

I hope I have been able to help you and that you enjoy your new acquisition which, if I have not read correctly, will arrive tomorrow!
Regards
Thank you for the little explanation!
I do think i will enjoy the pix, it sounds fascinating with all of its features, despite not having an app/bluetooth, it still sounds amazing. Especially the QR code system!

I'm very excited to receive it tomorrow :)

I wasn’t sure if I would like the Pix and thought about it a while. Then I picked up one cheap to try it, and I liked it a lot! Rechargeable batteries are good, and I have had good luck with Energizer Max batteries lasting 2+ weeks in my Pix.

I wasn’t sure if I would like the Pix and thought about it a while. Then I picked up one cheap to try it, and I liked it a lot! Rechargeable batteries are good, and I have had good luck with Energizer Max batteries lasting 2+ weeks in my Pix.
How much did you get yours for? And I ordered a pack of rechargeables since I've heard the pix chews threw the batteries very quickly, but its nice that you got 2+ weeks on yours!

Last edited:
It was on sale and I used credit card points to get it for $8. I’ve since purchased two more at full price 😂👍

Rechargeable batteries are good, and I have had good luck with Energizer Max batteries lasting 2+ weeks in my Pix.
Amazing about the two-week duration 🙄 I'm still getting my head around it hahahaha
It was on sale and I used credit card points to get it for $8
Omg! 😳 You have to tell us all your tricks hahaha I'm kidding!
How lucky you were! I already wish the banks here would give you that kind of bonus or cashback but they don't 🙃

Attachments

• IMG_7239.MOV
    12.9 MB

Latest posts

Back