Is this...right?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=8pt]they should have a radio station specifically for younger kids, so that they aren't getting these songs. imagine what they'll be like in high school![/SIZE]

Gar, songs should be rated. Because there is pretty much no descretion whatsoever on who should be listening to what, a lot of people (not just kids, for there are some really horrible songs that nobody should listen to) assume they can listen to just about anything w/o it having a negatve effect on their life.

They're going to learn about it eventually later, so I'd say why not. But then again, they could become obsessive with the themes when they get older. We don't need more sex-obsessed men in the world.

It's not the radio stations' fault. They should keep playing what they're playing. It's the parents' fault. They need to start watching what they're listening to in the car with their first grader.

The media today is all about sex and money. Sad as it is, kids are listening to the junk everyday and pumping their heads will vulgar images. What's even more sad is that most parents listen to it too. Eventually, what ever you expose yourself too is going to change the way you think. If all you listen to is sex, sex, money, money, all you'll think about is sex, sex, money, money. Very sad. Frankly, I don't think anyone should be exposed to any of it.

So Cinderpelt, you're saying that you don't think kids should listen to it, but the radio stations should keep playing the stuff? Sounds contradicting.

:p

-RC

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh. I could not have said it better myself.

Apparently that kind of music is taking a big toll on the behavior of kids. When I was in elementary, fifth grade to be exact, I heard little second graders calling other people N's and saying pretty much every single cuss word in the book. And my elementary school was nice.

Nowadays, you just can't get good music without hearing dozens of cuss words. It seems like every song's message today is to have sex and steal money and commit crimes just to live a happy life. It's like they're controlling the next generation with this raunchy music.

And then, when I was still in elementary, third graders would come to school and ask if they saw the latest episode of Family Guy or The Simpsons. I was like, "Okay, umm... those shows are for the more... mature." And they would call people B's for not watching those shows or listening to that type of music. Now, since a lot of those little elementary kids are in middle school with me, they're even dirtyer and raunchier! It's getting really out of hand.

My mom was playing some of the music from her day, and it was nice music. I mean, there were no cuss words, nothing about sex or money or drugs... it was nice, clean, music. And it had a great beat, and a good rythm. It was good music. And it was like listening to paradise, compared to today's music.

I think the parents should step up to the plate and realize, "Hey, our kids our listening to junk." But then again, the kids probably get that bad influence from not only the music and TV shows, but from the parents too.

See, even some of the parents are in it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back