Is this tama really rare?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong, but I believe the green snakeskin shell design isn't rare. Either the seller was trying to get more views from collectors, or they're implying that the V3 is "rare" now because it went out of production years ago.

I second tamaninjacat's post. Way back ago, the V3 snakeskin was actually the same design of my brother's first tamagotchi (I've been furiously looking for it lately). I don't remember any indication it was rare (this is somewhere around 2006-8ish) and I have seen the shell pop up occasionally on Ebay. Additionally, I have also seen some other sellers advertising certain shells being rare when they weren't, so your seller is likely doing the same thing.

Pffttt that's just sad. Oh well didn't really care about it being rare anyways.

Sad that they do that though. Some inexperienced collector could fall for that.

True, some may fall for mislabeled "rare" shells but I feel that since this is quite a niche hobby, the only people who would buy tamagotchis would be either testing if they like them (and wouldn't go overboard) or experienced collectors. Oh also, congrats on the new addition to your collections; it's quite a pretty shell (maybe someday I'll find my brother's old tama...).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back