Is this tamagotchi worth anything?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayleypayley

Reaction score
Hi all, I've recently rediscovered a few old tamagotchis and been doing a bit of research on them.

With one of them, I cannot find any images online of a similar design anywhere and am wondering if it might be rare? It's probably nothing but thought I'd check.

Its a 2004 N2390 which I believe is the first version of the international Tamagotchi Connection release (I'm from New Zealand).

Pic attached if any of you might know about this design!

Can't speak for the shell design, but it's a Tamagotchi Connection V3 - These are highly sought after now due to nostalgia. They go for around and over 50 dollars on ebay, but if you sell it at a in-person store you might not get as much from it. It's in good condition though (assuming the buttons work properly) which will help out with the price. Hope this helps!

Can't speak for the shell design, but it's a Tamagotchi Connection V3 - These are highly sought after now due to nostalgia. They go for around and over 50 dollars on ebay, but if you sell it at a in-person store you might not get as much from it. It's in good condition though (assuming the buttons work properly) which will help out with the price. Hope this helps!
Thank you for the info! I thought all the ones made in 2004 were V1, sounds trickier to tell them apart than I thought...

Oooo, a very lovely tama you've got there! As @decepticoncrown mentioned, yours is a Connection V3 - released in 2005 despite the copyright information on the back, believe it or not!

The Tamagotchi Connection line - known as the slightly-differently-programmed Plus models in Japan - were versions of the toy produced from 2004 to what we like to say is 2010 (long story featuring the Tamatown Tama-Go, known internally as the V7). On most models save for the aforementioned Tama-Go the copyright year is printed as 2004 (and I'd assume the serial number is shared between models - correct me if I'm wrong!) likely due to manufacturers neglecting to change the mould as the years went on. It can definitely make things confusing for resellers and collectors alike!

The Connections were released in practically every territory - including Oceania! This also means we got 'em down in Australia and New Zealand, where we got some additional unique shell designs that weren't released in Western/European territories! Which explains your gorgeous shell design :) These Oceania shell designs aren't very well-documented online, and thus a lot of people like to hike up the price because in comparison to shells released in America and Europe they're seldom-seen/hard to find as in your case. Tamashell.com accepts credited photographs for shell designs that haven't been documented!

Either way, you've got a very special 'gotchi on your hands - the V3 is one of my personal favourite connection models myself :) I actually have seen a few of these V3 designs on sale before, but definitely not as much as the worldwide releases. Hope this helps clarify some things!!

Oooo, a very lovely tama you've got there! As @decepticoncrown mentioned, yours is a Connection V3 - released in 2005 despite the copyright information on the back, believe it or not!

The Tamagotchi Connection line - known as the slightly-differently-programmed Plus models in Japan - were versions of the toy produced from 2004 to what we like to say is 2010 (long story featuring the Tamatown Tama-Go, known internally as the V7). On most models save for the aforementioned Tama-Go the copyright year is printed as 2004 (and I'd assume the serial number is shared between models - correct me if I'm wrong!) likely due to manufacturers neglecting to change the mould as the years went on. It can definitely make things confusing for resellers and collectors alike!

The Connections were released in practically every territory - including Oceania! This also means we got 'em down in Australia and New Zealand, where we got some additional unique shell designs that weren't released in Western/European territories! Which explains your gorgeous shell design :) These Oceania shell designs aren't very well-documented online, and thus a lot of people like to hike up the price because in comparison to shells released in America and Europe they're seldom-seen/hard to find as in your case. Tamashell.com accepts credited photographs for shell designs that haven't been documented!

Either way, you've got a very special 'gotchi on your hands - the V3 is one of my personal favourite connection models myself :) I actually have seen a few of these V3 designs on sale before, but definitely not as much as the worldwide releases. Hope this helps clarify some things!!
That makes SO MUCH SENSE! I was sure some of them were newer than others, so good to know about the copyright info on the backs!!

Looks like I also have a V2 and V4 with colour ways that I haven't seen anywhere else online! So the Oceania release makes perfect sense.

Thanks so much for all this information! You are so smart and onto it, really appreciate the explanations for someone who found them in their childhood closet. It's not easy figuring this stuff out online!

Attachments

• IMG_20230101_183818.jpg
    IMG_20230101_183818.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230101_183749.jpg
    IMG_20230101_183749.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back