It's been a while!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Priestess of Syrinx

Reaction score
Hey! I was a member of another Tamagotchi forum way back when I was a kid, I was under the same name if anyone remembers me!

I'm a 21-yo Canadian lady, halfway through my 4th year of a Computer Science degree. My main interests within my field are artificial intelligence, and accessibility applications. :)

I've been on and off in this hobby for a while now. I missed the original Tamagotchi craze by a hair, though I did get a Baby Byte as a present during it, with whoever gave it to me telling me it was a Tamagotchi. I was pretty intensely into the Connections up until about the V5. I've recently gotten back into virtual pets, I'm running a Tamagotchi Friends right now and once the new year has passed I'm going to order myself a Tamagezi. As a kid I would pore over other peoples virtual pet collections (the knock-offs and off-brand pets interested me almost more than the originals!) and now that I can call myself an adult, it's an exciting realization that I actually have the funds to start collecting, myself...

I'm a bit of a weirdo and like the ultra-simplistic pets the best. In my collection, I think my Tamagotchi Mini might actually be my favourite. I still have that Baby Byte though, and it's very dear to my heart. Especially because it survived a whole winter of being lost in the snow once...

Besides studying, the other things that take up my time include activism within my university, and when I'm at home, crochet.

I hope to make lots of friends here. :)

Weclome to TamaTalk!! I loved connections until V5 too :c I know quite a lot of people like it but I just find it so needy and annoying. + I'm also thinking about getting a Tamagezi, for a knock-off they seem so good and they're so cheap xD

Weclome to TamaTalk!! I loved connections until V5 too :c I know quite a lot of people like it but I just find it so needy and annoying. + I'm also thinking about getting a Tamagezi, for a knock-off they seem so good and they're so cheap xD
My biggest issues with the V5 were the massive house protruding from it, and that mine had a penchant for spontaneous resetting. I'm willing to bet that was an issue solely with my tama and not with the whole line, though.

I'm honestly all about knockoffs. Unless the logic chip has been replaced (a risk you run on aliexpress unfortunately) I've heard nice things about these guys as well.

I'm also tempted by that 'Pearl Dino' on tamenagerie. It doesn't even have a real name! I love it! :D

My biggest issues with the V5 were the massive house protruding from it, and that mine had a penchant for spontaneous resetting. I'm willing to bet that was an issue solely with my tama and not with the whole line, though.

I'm honestly all about knockoffs. Unless the logic chip has been replaced (a risk you run on aliexpress unfortunately) I've heard nice things about these guys as well.

I'm also tempted by that 'Pearl Dino' on tamenagerie. It doesn't even have a real name! I love it! :D
I think the V5's resetting was a problem all over. One of mine does that but the other's fine.

Have you bought a Tamagezi from Aliexpress? Everyone was raging about them and I really wanted one but still haven't gotten it because I've been buying other stuff first :D

I think the V5's resetting was a problem all over. One of mine does that but the other's fine.

Have you bought a Tamagezi from Aliexpress? Everyone was raging about them and I really wanted one but still haven't gotten it because I've been buying other stuff first :D
I haven't yet, no! I'm waiting until the new year when I'm back at school and my wallet isn't occupied with buying my friends mounds of stuff. :) I've bought other (non-vp) things on aliexpress, though, and haven't had an issue yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back