It's official...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kimberly999475

Reaction score
In California, in my happy, weird, SPECIAL place.
I did some sneaking and hunting around and I found out that there IS going to be a v4. My proof is below. Highlighted are the statements that are important. To find this info out for yourself (incase you don't beleive me) just go to one of the below links. Thanks for reading, and comments are welcome!

\K/

Links:

Tamagotchi.com

Voting

The Rules, of which are pasted below.

After submiting your vote for the new shell you see this pic.

Official Rules

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.

ELIGIBILITY

Open only to legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Puerto Rico and the province of Quebec) (the "Eligibility Area"). Void where prohibited or restricted by law.

HOW TO VOTE

Voters will have the opportunity to help select the new Tamagotchi V4 design through a series of online voting which shall last for 4 weeks commencing at 12:00 AM Pacific Standard Time on July 22, 2006 and ending at 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time on August 19, 2006 ("Voting Period"). During each of the first 3 weeks of the Voting Period, 4 new designs will be posted online at Tamagotchi.com for voters to select their favorite design. The design receiving the highest number of votes during each of the first 3 weeks of the Voting Period ("Finalists") shall be posted online again during week 4 of the Voting Period. Of the 3 Finalists, the design receiving the highest number of votes during week 4 shall become a new Tamagotchi V4 design. To vote, log onto www.tamagotchi.com and follow the online instructions for voting. Voting is limited to one vote per person or email address per calendar day.

VOTING RESULTS

The winning design will be revealed on or about October 20, 2006.

CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION

By participating, you (and if you are a minor, your parents or legal guardians) agree to these rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and legally binding in all matters relating to this voting and accept all risks and consequences of entry and participation in this promotion and agree to release and hold harmless Bandai, its affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, successors and assigns ("Bandai Parties") from any and all consequences, liability, claims, judgments, injuries, damages (including without limitation, direct, indirect, consequential, punitive, incidental and special damages), losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees and legal costs) of any kind, under any legal theory, arising from or related to this promotion, including but not limited to your submission of any votes and participation in the promotion, printing errors, any claims based upon the rights of publicity and invasion of privacy, even if one or more of the Bandai Parties were aware of the possibility of any such consequences, losses, damages, etc.

You (and if you are a minor, your parents or legal guardians) acknowledge that Bandai has not made and hereby disclaims any warranties, express or implied, in law or in fact, with respect to this promotion and any aspect thereof. Bandai reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any liability to the Bandai Parties, to modify, cancel or suspend part or all of this voting should virus, bugs, technical difficulties, fraud, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Bandai corrupt or impair the integrity, administration, security, fairness or proper play of the vote. If cancelled or terminated early, Bandai will determine the winner by tallying the votes that Bandai, in its sole discretion, finds to be valid at the time of termination or cancellation. If suspended, Bandai will determine the winner by tallying the votes that Bandai, in its sole discretion, finds to be valid at the time of suspension and the votes accumulated when voting resumes. The Bandai Parties shall not be responsible or liable for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures or damages of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Bandai, participants, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user's system or limit a participant's ability to participate in the promotion. Bandai may prohibit a participant from taking part in the vote or disqualify a participant's vote if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said participant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the vote by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, or threaten any other participant or Bandai representatives. Void where prohibited and subject to federal, state and local laws.

Sponsor: Bandai America Incorporated, 5551 Katella Avenue, Cypress, CA 90630. TAMAGOTCHI™ & © 2004-2006 Bandai, WiZ. © 2006 Bandai. All Rights Reserved.
EDIT: Denryuu found out something interesting in the WikiPedia and I thought I'd share it with you!

Tamagotchi Connection Version 4

This article contains information about a scheduled or expected future product.

It may contain unverified or unreliable information, and may not reflect the final version of the product.

A quote from tamagotchi.com...

Beginning Saturday July 22nd, fans in the United States and Canada can log onto Tamagotchi.com and choose their favorite design from a selection of new styles. For three successive weeks, Bandai America will post a total of four designs to choose from, and the winner from each week will then qualify for a final round of voting during the week of August 12th-18th.

After what is expected to be a month-long, hard fought battle, one winning design will be chosen by fans, but it will not be revealed until December at a special ceremony presided over by the Tamagotchi King of TamaTown.com. The ultimate winning design will then be produced for arrival at retail stores in January 2007. For more information on voting and rules, please visit www.Tamagotchi.com.

Will it really happen? Or is Bandai pulling everyone's legs?

Looks like we have to wait until December to find out! I hope that TamaTown won't change, exept getting dolled up for the new v4. Like, maybe they'll upgrade it. Make it cooler, better. That's all for now! I'll update you when we get more news!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, everyone's already noticed that it says it's for the V4 in the rules. However, when I e-mailed Bandai asking if the Shellection contest was for V3 or V4 shells, they replied with this:

It is most likely for the V3 as we've heard no official word on a V4 being available.
So I'm not sure what's true. It's even possible that whoever typed up the rules mistyped "V3" as "V4".

It is comming out in 07 in Jan in like 5 months ..... we dont have to waite that long .....

Nice find, Denryuu. I can quote it here. I'll edit the first post soon. I read the whole thing and it looks like the King of TamaTown is going to be the one telling us in December. Then it should hit stores in January. I sure hope this all pulls through!

\K/

EDIT: As an add on, I would like to say that I have not heard or these games:

Tamagotchi console releases

Game Boy

Three Tamagotchi games for the Nintendo Game Boy portable game system were released in Japan. The first one, also released in the United States, corresponds to the first two generations of the original Tamagotchi and had similar gameplay. The second game features characters from the Mori and Umi (Forest and Ocean) Tamagotchi. The final game released is based on Osutchi and Mesutchi, and features a unique cartridge with a user-replaceable battery and independent peizo buzzer that alerts players to turn on their Game Boy system and care for their virtual pet. Each had the smile game (to make them happy), the study game (to make them smart) and the sports game (to make them strong).
and I would truly like to have them. They sound ingenius.

Version 4 Tamagotchi Connection IS coming out in Stores January 2007. A few more months! YAY! Im so Excited! ;) Check out the Great Shellection Contest on the left. You vote for V4 Shells. There are the top three. right now. All we have to do now is be patient. :furawatchi:

-KG

Oh my Gosh that is soooooooo cool how on earth did you find out!

I wonder if tama v4 has a Giant mall! :furawatchi:

Well, whether it's for the V3 or the V4, I'm saving up some money to buy it, because I want another Tamagotchi anyway.

Okay, I sent an e-mail to Bandai and here is what I got. NOTE: I took out my e-mail so it doesn'y get filled with junk. Bandai's on the other hand...can be filled with questions. :unsure: :angry: If you want the link I used I can give it too you, but only if you need it. It takes you to a page where you can e-mail them.

Dear Kim:

There have been no official details on if/when a V4 would be available. We unfortunately can't speculate on items that may or may not be in development at this time.  Any OFFICIAL details on new products get released to www.bandai.com or www.tamagothci.com specifically.

Thank you,

Customer Service

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 7:02 AM

Subject: Bandai.com Contact Form: v4 Tamagotchi-Answers please!

SUBJECT: v4 Tamagotchi-Answers please!

CATEGORY: Other

This is a Question

I have an account on TamaTalk.com and we are all wondering, why all the publicity? It's not like you to talk so much before an upcoming release. Will the v4 be like a EnTama? Will it still be involved with TamaTown? So many questions, so little space. Please let us know on TamaTalk, as we are very jittery as to what the v4 will be like. Thank you!

Email Address:

First Name: Kim

Heard about us by: Other

Hmmm.. Weird, I posted a topic in here saying the exact same thing but they never ever approved it. I wonder why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back