Just got a use tamagotchi: Help!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gatodelsole

Reaction score
Hello, I am brand new to the forum. My wife picked up this old tama. at a garage sale and put a battery in it today. Lo and behold He pops back to life after being in suspended animation. I find it out he is 47 years old, and is ten pounds. He has 4 hearts of Hungry and 4 hearts of Happy. His training looks like a full bar across the screen not sure how to read that. He is 1G. I guess he had no babies...

He is a toy for my daughter who's only 3 but I will help her with it. ANyhow what do I need to know right away? Does the 4 hearts mean he is full of food? So dont feed him too much?

Also what version is he? He has white case with yellow buttons, and the tamagotchi logo is in blue. He sems healthy enough, he is asleep now..

How do they reproduce?

Thanks.

Hi - welcome to TamaTalk

I will leave this thread in Introductions because you are new... but don't forget we have a huge "Help for New Tama Owners" forum stuffed full of information!

If you got it in a garage sale, then it is likely you have a V1.. but the way to check is to look at the first menu.

If you have a V1, then as you scroll thru you see the Hearts, Training bars - 9=fully trained btw, Age/Weight/Name, Gender/Generation - then it scrolls back to the Hearts again.

If you have a V2, there's another screen with your Gotchi Points. The V3 has what looks like a little antenna on the outside of the shell

If the Hungry and Happy hearts are full (black) then that is fine - you don't need to feed him or play a game/snack him

If the Hearts are empty or part empty it means he needs a meal or snack...

You might want to visit the TamaTalk Library too - for some V1 instructions...

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showforum=29

Hope you and your daughter enjoy it.

Best, etc.

TamaMum

PS: If it is a V1, they are becoming quite rare - as BanDai don't make them anymore - so hang on to it - you never know - if might become a collectors item in a few years time and you can sell it on ebay :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back