Just Not Interested

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memetchi Dreamer

Reaction score
Okay, so there is this guy. Let's call him "Wesley" (fake name).

I just met Wesley this school year. I had heard strange things about him, and I didn't really know what to expect when he changed classes to my science class. Well...

I soon learned that Wesley is very outgoing to people (despite being a little odd) and also a little bit of a troublemaker. Wesley has a pretty big ego and is very confident about himself. He's definetly not your typical classmate, but I didn't think much about him. I didn't think he would think much about me... :huh:

Soon after he changed classes to my science class, I found out that Wesley was very fliratious, despite already having a girlfriend. I also noticed that Wesley was watching me. He even told someone that I was his "favorite girl in the class". I heard this with my own ears. Later, Wesley was constantly glancing over my way. When I would turn around, he would flash giant grins and wave. I would awkwardly smile back, but I still then didn't think too much about the situation.

Recently, ol' Wesley has took to playing with my hair, messing with my jacket hood, and giving me other romantic, flirty gestures. None of these things have been innappropriate or threatening to me. They are starting to make me feel a little uncomfortable, though. As a matter of fact, today Wesley was physically flirting with me again.

I didn't smack his face (I'm not that kind of girl), but I did kinda roll my eyes and say "Okay...".

My best friend, who has witnessed Wesley's flirting with me, was a little ticked off.

She coolly told him, "You know she doesn't like you,".

"I know." Wesley replied.

Did that hurt his feelings :blink: ? I don't know. The point is, I'm not interested in this guy. He doesn't have a good reputation and he HAS a girlfriend (poor her). I just don't know how to break it to him that his careless flirting is NOT okay; not only because I don't like him like that but also because he is already hooked up. I don't want to mean or heart-breaking, but I want Wesley's flirting to STOP :( ! Please help :blink: !!!

The next time he does it, remind him that he has a girlfriend.

If that doesn't work, take him in private and tell him that you don't feel comfortable when he flirts with you, and tell him that you would like him to stop it.

Thank you for your advice! I will definetly try to do what you said. This guy has JUST got to STOP...!!!

Oh, and I saw that you started another topic, kind of like this one. I assume that you have guy problems like my own and know how to deal with it. I appreciate your advice.

Well, normally flirting is fine. But if he has a GF, that's wrong. Give him signs like rolling your eyes and just walking away. If that doesn't work, you automaticly have permission to be really mean and complain to his girlfriend.

Oh my gosh, just tell him like it is! Tell him hes being a complete jerk, flirting with you while her already has a girlfriend! And tell him you are not interested in him! If hes making you feel uncomfortable, it needs to stop. Boys arent as sensitive as girls. They see things differently than the way we see them. He might think its just harmless flirting, and when you tell him off, he will get over it!

Hon, like I said before, if hes making you uncomfortable it needs to stop. Dont let someone bother you just because hes a boy.

Ok, this is pretty simple, actually.

You don't need to be aggressive, but you do need to be assertive (not too different, but make a big difference). Anyways, you need to stand up for yourself, but you don't need to be mean.

Go ahead and stay with rolling your eyes and walking away, but if it doesn't stop or if it goes another level then you just need to look him in the eyes and say, "I'm sorry, I don't really have a thing for you. You have a girl friend. You can go to her." He'll probably say something like, "Well, she isn't near as wonderful as you," but you say, "Well, she's still your girlfriend, not me, sorry," and attempt to walk off. If he still annoys you, just talk to an adult you trust for advice. That's your best bet for dealing with that kind of situation. Usually I'd talk to one of my favorite teachers and sometimes me mom, but it's different for everyone, I'm sure.

Good luck with your situation.

Ok, this is pretty simple, actually.
You don't need to be aggressive, but you do need to be assertive (not too different, but make a big difference). Anyways, you need to stand up for yourself, but you don't need to be mean.

Go ahead and stay with rolling your eyes and walking away, but if it doesn't stop or if it goes another level then you just need to look him in the eyes and say, "I'm sorry, I don't really have a thing for you. You have a girl friend. You can go to her." He'll probably say something like, "Well, she isn't near as wonderful as you," but you say, "Well, she's still your girlfriend, not me, sorry," and attempt to walk off. If he still annoys you, just talk to an adult you trust for advice. That's your best bet for dealing with that kind of situation. Usually I'd talk to one of my favorite teachers and sometimes me mom, but it's different for everyone, I'm sure.

Good luck with your situation.
Agreed. Some girls flirt with me, but not physically. I would just take temari_sensei_girl's advice, since this never happened to me before. :D

Thank you for all of your advice! "Wesley" hasn't flirted me me in a while...thank GOODNESS!!!

Temari, I actually have told my mom already. She just thinks that he's being sweet (Um, okay) and that he really must like me. I'm pretty sure that she'd have a different reaction to all of this if she knew exactly how creepy this guy is... :D .

But anyway, everything's doing pretty good now. I guess my friend's telling him off and my frequent eye-rollage finally got through to "Wesley". Thank you all again for your great advice, and I'll post more if I have any more problems ;) .

Glad to see the problem has been solved :D

I'm going to close this topic now though to prevent any further repetition from those people who don't read the entire topic and only read the first post ;) We don't want spam now do we?

*topic closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back